Amd Or Intel

All:

Mark my words.... Intel will always allow overclocking, one way or another it will happen. In fact recently even INTEL boards are starting to show up with overclocking as an option.

As to what is better Intel or AMD I will always be an INTEL man. I know that Intel has some self serving interests but good businesses always do!!!! I also think AMD does a lot of things right. If your really a business person the models that these two companies represent is quite classic and undersandable.

Intel is always the first to do at least from a money spent and a considered leader position. AMD has done a great job of being a number two but close enough to keep the giant from becoming compacent.

Personally I think it's a cost game, Intel is faster PERIOD, but that's a slim line that comes with a high cost!!!! I spent 420 bucks for my new 3.0C and will shell out for the 3.2 in another month. But without that front and money spent Intel or AMD both loose!!! For all of you working with AMD I think it's the smart play from a best buy point of view, but not everyone buys that way!!!

At the end of the day Intel benifits from the AMD play and AMD benifits hugely from INTEL so don't bash them for helpin AMD stay in the market and vs versa!!!!

If anyone feels strongly that AMD is the true performance leader please feel free to show me, but my money on that is with Intel and I'm crap glad AMD keeps forcing the issue!!!!

Do you all realise that the P5 is ready to go and that Intel is holding off functions to make sure that the race stays close? Read up and you'll know it's true. That doesn't make Intel better other than to say they keep making Intel and AMD processos better and cheaper for all of us!!!

Feel free to send me your comments...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to post something "Halberd" from Shadowpool.com told me when I was asking which is better, AMD or Intel.

Processor? AMD...AMD....AMD... I can't stress that to customers and freinds enough. People tell me I'm stupid because Intell makes faster chips.. well... little do they know.. that Intell uses what is called a Quad Data Stream pump on a single cycle...

What does that mean? Well... think of it like a clock. The clock has a pendulum.... and it swings left and right... well... Intell uses a clock that it's pendulum only swings one way, but not the other... so it runs half as fast as it should. On the other hand... AMD uses a clock that swings both ways... so it runs at a "normal" speed. Intell designed something to make their clock run faster still useing the single stroke of the clock, while AMD just made their clock better so it would run faster by itself.

What would you rather have... a 4 cylinder car with a turbo engine and high mist injection system on it... or an 8 cylinder car with large pistons and a spread injection system. *shrugs* They both run just as fast... but which one is gonna burn out first? The slower running 8 cylinder... or the high powered 4 cylinder?

Anddrusk... Obviously i brought up this topic because people like to know which should be responsible for controlling their beloved machine. Well people like Me want to know which is the bottomline "better" so then we dont get screwed in the long run.

And yes AMD has potential but we dont see the power that we can have. They run their cpu's at a lower but stronger speed only to match the already fast Intel's. So if you compare right now from what i've seen, Intel's are visually stronger in performance. So im with Intel... for now. AMD is cutting me short with the power i want.

I was converted. I was a diehard Intel Fan. But then when i got to know computers a little more i noticed that intel wasent that great now im diehard AMD.

i agree i was an intel fan. i used to be a chemical operator and we were the supplier to intel and amd for the silica slurry they use to polish chips. the intel stuff was alot more refined and "perfect and exspensive so i was like wow amd must really suck becuz they don't demand or order as high of grade product, boy was i wrong. that was before i was a computer nerd though. lol the intel guys used to come in for tours sometimes and they were a bunch of pricks. they walked around all high and mighty and demanding stuff here and there.

F@#K INTEL

Athalon 64 won't make that much of a difference performance wise unless u have a whole wack of 64 bit apps, and since there arent that many out there, u probably dont. Read this.

Personally I think it's a cost game, Intel is faster PERIOD,

check out the siosoft snadra pro results. take that to your intel is faster period. i am running a 2500+ overclocked slightly to 2.08ghz that's why it says 2800+ and look at the results to the compared cpu's. hmmmm is that the p4 2.66ghz behind my 2.08ghz hhmmm i think so. intel's cpu almost 600mhz faster supposedly but it is owned by my 2500+

keep wasting your money EVERY MONTH upgrading your intel cpu you are the kinda people who make them get more sales over amd .

I will give intel one thing though... they sure are good at fooling the regular everyday consumer but deep down the real pc users know what's up with intel vs. AMD :D

.....just my opinion in which i am entitled

i am running a 2500+ overclocked slightly to 2.08ghz that's why it says 2800+ and look at the results to the compared cpu's. hmmmm is that the p4 2.66ghz behind my 2.08ghz hhmmm i think so. intel's cpu almost 600mhz faster supposedly but it is owned by my 2500+

I'm not an intel fanboy but if you're familiar with AMD's PR rating a 2500+ should be perform *roughly* on par with a 2.53 P4. Your 2500+ is OC'ed to the speeds of a 2800+, so it should perform like a 2.8ghz P4 (again that is rough). So your 2500+ SHOULD perform better than a 2.66. It does get beat by the 2.8 however.