Favorate Game

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sacred is a clone of diablo....pure clone with added content and different storyline in my opinion

besides, i never used a horse. hated them (and they smelled like...a horse!)

mages have a lot of different spells to use etc...all the characters were pretty well rounded...it was the bugs that ruined it for me (momma and i would connect to our LAN server, which we use to play ALL games without issue, and it would disconnect us within 30 seconds...unacceptable for a $40 game)

I've never really given these online RPG's a go. I've got 2 here that i picked up recently(only cost me about a fiver for them both) Never Winter Nights and Pools Of Radiance: Ruins Of Myth Drannor. I keep meaning to try them out sometime.

Only RPG's i've really played are console ones like Final Fantasy and the Grandia series but they're different. Guess the closest to a PC RPG i've played is Record Of Lodoss War on the Dreamcast.

Oh, and there was one absolute classic i loved on the Megadrive(Genesis) that was ported from PC/Amiga, Will Harveys "The Immortal"(which a lot call the Grandaddy of Diablo) from 1990. An absolute classic and one of my favourite games of ALL TIME.

I recently played it again on my Playstation2. I have an Action Replay Max which contains a Megadrive Emulator and supports Pen Drives so you can just copy Roms etc to any USB Pen Drive, plug it into your PS2 and your away :)

these aren't online RPG's like mmog's are...they are standard single/multiplayer RPG's like Diablo II ( an instant classic that you should try if you have not yet)

NWN is one of momma's favorites (right behind Diablo series)

you should look for this OOOOLLLLLDDDDD school game called "Wasteland" which still is my all-time favorite RPG *played it to death on Commodore64 as a kid*

another one is Bard's Tale III

and then there's the Final Fantasy ones, as well as Lufia II, Chronos Trigger, Wild Arms (PS1) etc

but

the ALL-TIME BEST is one from Sega Genesis...Shadowrun (WAY BETTER than the SNES version)

if you can find Shadowrun for Genesis...give it a try...it is pretty freakin awesome (it is where the "Matrix" came from, and is the daddy of all Cyberpunk games)

Guest Kevin

Althogh its dead now.. Rogue Spear...was an amazing game..played online for a long time.

heh .. I own shadowrun and the snes to play it ion .. hehehe

The Megadrive version is the one to own seamuso. The Snes version isn't as good and is a slightly different game with inferior graphics and gameplay(smaller stats, less emphasis on combat, terrible user interface...), but it does have a stronger plot.

The Megadrive version is the one to own seamuso. The Snes version isn't as good and is a slightly different game with inferior graphics and gameplay(smaller stats, less emphasis on combat, terrible user interface...), but it does have a stronger plot.

I owned a genesis .. it might still be buried somewhere in my sister-in-law's bedroom .. I hated my genesis .. maybe it was that damn Echo: The Dolphin.

Seriously though .. when I had the Snes and the Genesis, I lived here:

Hite, Lake Powell, UT

Closest hamburger 25 miles either direction, closest walmart 3 hours either direction. (this was all from 1991-95). Most games were mail ordered or bought out of the sears catalog, so not really a lot of choice. Hite was pretty remote

Now thats what i call remote! :D

Don't know whether i could handle living somewhere that remote lol.

I wouldn't like to live in a big city either. I'm quite happy where i am. Lots of nice countryside, about 5 miles from my local major towns(or about 2 miles for a burger ;)), about 15 miles from my local cities, Manchester and Liverpool...

img0611jpg7qb.th.jpg

img0610jpg0lr.th.jpg

But i guess it wouldn't be so bad now with the Internet. I tend to order most of my stuff over the net now anyway...