It's like any other return policy...
Terms and Conditions of Service Usage :
1. 1. DFIâ€™s RMA service is offered as an â€œAdditional OPTIONâ€ and as an â€œAdditional AVENUEâ€ for END USERS ONLY, who reside in the UK, France or Germany on all DFI LANPARTY and INFINITY series MOTHERBOARDS ONLY and not accessories such as cables, FrontX etc, all of which carry a 2 year warranty. The RMA service is provided only to end users residing in the above mentioned countries who have found their motherboards to be FAULTY.
2. END USERS residing in countries other than the UK, France or, Germany are requested to please contact their reseller / dealers / retailers or whomsoever they purchased their motherboard from for RMA service.
3. By END USERS in 1 above, it is meant â€“ a user who uses their DFI motherboard for personal use either at home or, enthusiasts and or for business purposes. An end user who uses their DFI motherboard for business purposes is one who is not a dealer, vendor, retailer or reseller of DFI motherboards. Vendors, dealers, retailers and resellers are requested to follow a separate RMA process.
4. End users who have more than one DFI motherboard at a time for RMA service may be requested to follow the separate RMA process.
5. By â€œAdditional OPTIONâ€ in 1 above, it is meant that end users have the option of requesting RMA service directly from DFI. They have the further option of returning the board to the point of purchase for RMA service. This option means that vendors and dealers are still expected to fulfil their responsibilities and obligations to customers who return their boards to them for RMA service as per the laws and regulations of the countries in which they operate. (For eg. in some countries the law requires the dealer to provide a replacement or refund if a purchased item is faulty and returned within a time frame as required by law).
6. By â€œAdditional AVENUEâ€ in 1 above, it is meant that END USERS can receive RMA service in the event that the vendor or dealer from whom the motherboard was purchased might have gone bankrupt or, the contractual agreement (eg. warranty) between buyer and seller might have expired and as long as the DFI motherboard is still under warranty as stated in 1 above.
7. RMA service is solely for the purpose of repair and not a means to receive a refund. Customers seeking refunds should do so directly from the vendors whom they purchased their DFI motherboards.
8. Once DFI has received your motherboard for RMA service, DFI will endeavour to have your motherboard repaired within 5 working days although this may not always be possible (eg. shortage of components) and delays maybe unavoidable. Replacement boards will be provided only at DFIâ€™s discretion as DFI deems fit.
9. Please send a â€œPHOTOCOPYâ€ of your invoice showing the date of purchase. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS as DFI cannot be held responsible in case it gets lost, although DFI takes great care to ensure that this is avoided.
10. PLEASE SEND ONLY YOUR MOTHERBOARD and not the items or parts that came with it.
DFI reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice.