The DFI Movie Club

red930

We Were Soldiers--- Mel Gibson was excellent.

Brave Heart Was excellnet too

Saving Private Ryan

Good Morning Vietnam

Shrek

Tin Cup

Field of Dreams

Midnite Run

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head,

Apocalypse Now.....Based on the novel "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad

Blade Runner...Based on the novel "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" by Ursula K. LeGuin

Pulp Fiction

Resevoir Dogs

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Tombstone

Rear Window by Alfred Hitchcock

Fight Club

OK while we're at it ,anbody ever seen a movie called "Eraserhead"

It's David Lynch 1st full length movie,took 5yrs to make.

It has to be the most dark,deeply disturbing movie I've ever seen.You don't watch "Eraserhead" as much as you feel it.

Only seen it once,1977,a B+W film at a college campus,have never been able to find it since,locally,very few ppl I've talked to have ever seen it.

Ursula K. LeGuin did not write the book behind blade Runner it was Phillip K Dick. Both are inspired writers in very diffrent ways. I loved just about every seene. Probibily the only movie where Harrison Ford gets outshined by nearly everyone.

I did see Eraserhead it was actualy a very popular movie at the rental stor where I brefly worked. I am supised you cant buy it it just seems wrong. it is on emule though I bet. Did you see blue velvet also by David Lynch or A Clockwork Orange?

A Clockwork Orange?

I never liked the song "Singing In The Rain" until I saw "A Clockwork Orange". Now when I hear the song, I insert my own whacks, grunts and groans. Damn funny stuff.

Smoken Joe,

Dang,your right,I must of been thinkin of "The Lathe of Heaven" by Ursula K. LeGuin.

Philip K. Dick,truly inspired SF writer,one of the best IMHO,some of the movies from his writtings have been,

"Total Recall" "Imposter" "Minority Report" "Screamers"

Saw Blue Velvet and A Clockwork Orange

I had read the book "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess,before seeing the film,it really helped me to understand the film.

Remember dragging my high school buddies to the movie,they didn't seem to understand it or appreciate it like I did.

After reading the book I remember talking like some of the characters for a while

Anytime a David Lynch film came out,it was a must see,they're usually off the wall but enjoyable,making me think about them long after seeing them.

Read the 1st 4 in "Dune" series by Frank Herbert,so when Lynch made the movie I was excited about seeing it,although I came away some what disappointed,but that would've been a hard movie to make to do justice to the book

Ever see "Naked Lunch" film by David Cronenberg,book by William S. Burroughs

A Clockwork Orange is an extremely popular movie around here we had partys to watch it way back when. There is at least one person that dresses up for it every year at haloween.

Loved naked lunch I have never gotten around to reading that book unlike all the other movies you have mentioned. That has to be one of the strangest movies I have seen.

No,never read Burroughs either,but his biography is certainly strange.

Killed his old lady in a chemically induced state,by trying a William Tell-esque stunt of shooting a glass off her head,he missed.

Cronenberg had some interesting films,just a few I happened to like,

"Dead Ringers"

"The Fly" good remake

"Videodrome" I absolutely loved it,could still watch it again though dated.

You are correct sir! Here's a lollypop!

One of my personal favorites. Used to drive Lovey crazy when I would watch it. She hated Contact also!

Who the hel! is Lovey? Don't tell me, Mrs. Howell from Gilligan's Island. lol.

That's Cobia's sister, my most recent Ex. She sure spent money like I was Thurston Howell the Third so the nickname fits.

Me: Lovey, do you know how much a candy bar costs? Lovey: Bout a hundred dollars. I'm an excellent driver driver. lol

Who the hel! is Lovey? Don't tell me, Mrs. Howell from Gilligan's Island. lol.

That's Cobia's sister, my most recent Ex. She sure spent money like I was Thurston Howell the Third so the nickname fits.

Me: Lovey, do you know how much a candy bar costs? Lovey: Bout a hundred dollars. I'm an excellent driver driver. lol

Damn, you went there...

Lovey is my most recent Ex. She thought I was Thurston Howell the Third the way she spent money so I thought it was appropriate.

lol, you made me remember the episode when gilligan & skipper lose their hair, due to using too much bleach? in the laundry. They are sitting at breakfast and Lovey states she'll have a "hard bald egg". lol!