The DFI Movie Club

red930

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other great movies directed by Michael Crichton(yes, author Michael Crichton that wrote Jurassic Park among his other great novels) besides Runaway (1984)

Looker (1981)

The Great Train Robbery (1979)

Coma (1978)

Westworld (1973)

Cynthia Rhodes should have married me instead of that pretty boy singer dude.

Used cars is a classic for one single segment(not when the dog pees on the guys head) when they are filming the pirate commercial at the rival lot across the street.

Jeff: Yessir, that's New Deal Used Cars... Now wait just a G0dd@mn minute. What the hell is this? Is this a 1974 Mercedes 450SL for *twenty-four thousand dollars*? That's too fncking high.

[blows up car with dynamite. Roy watches at home]

Roy: You sonova classy lady.

Jeff: [laughs] Yessir. We blew the shlt out of that over-priced motherfncker just the way we blow the shlt out of *all* high prices, down here at New Deal Used Cars. So y'all come on down. Did you hear what I said? New Deal Used Cars. So y'all come on down. Did you hear what I said?

[TV cuts back to President]

President Carter: I have heard you, with unmistakable clarity...

Brazil is great for the first glimpse at just how funny Robert DeNiro could be.

Brazil

Dune

Outland

Runaway

Used Cars (with the greatest actor working in America today, Kurt Russell)

Other great movies directed by Michael Crichton(yes, author Michael Crichton that wrote Jurassic Park among his other great novels) besides Runaway (1984)

Looker (1981)

The Great Train Robbery (1979)

Coma (1978)

Westworld (1973)

2nd best scene in Used Cars (and I quote): "Oh, .. Oh,.. Oh,.".

Really glad that you reminded me of Looker ... the scene where (Albert Finney?) is looking for a place to hide the business card and puts it on the picture ... puts it on the picture ... the ... picture.

Brazil

(with the greatest actor working in America today, Kurt Russell)

Right, are you high? Try, Martin Sheen "The West Wing" ... I love how he clears a room.... "ANYTHING ELSE?"

Right, are you high? Try, Martin Sheen "The West Wing" ... I love how he clears a room.... "ANYTHING ELSE?"

What does he do?!? FART or something. I could be the greatest actor working in America today.

What does he do?!? FART or something. I could be the greatest actor working in America today.

lol, is that any way to talk about the pres of the us? and your flatulence issues would make you the greatest actor among the simpletons! lol.

Martin Sheen did some outstanding work in Apocalypse Now.

Martin Sheen is, for me, simply not credible as a responsible adult ... i.e. a President.

Damn, that went downhill in a hurry.

Actually, I respect Martin Sheen for his work with the Atomic Veterans. He worked along side my Father to make sure they got the recognition they deserved for their sacrifices in the Nevada desert and in the South Pacific.

Plus he gave us Charlie Sheen. That guy makes the rest of us look like perfect angels. I mean, he even blew it with Denise Richards. What a loser!