DFI PSU Options #3

if that's the case how comes one of the cables on the powerstream i sent back had tagan on it and not topower
Two or three reasons, probably.

(1) Topower does very little direct sales in the US & thus doesn't have local product support.

(2) The cables are probably universal (I'm NOT sure on this) in the P5 & P6 series.

(3) It was faster to use those, than to make you wait for a shippment of cables.

Anyway, have a store the sells both PowerStreams & Tagans, unbox them & put them out for you to look at,

also read their design specs. They are not the same.

Dave

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just discussing it not hammering you or your very capable power supply, just questioning about manufacturing source and stating mine was broken out of the box.

anyway enough, just like you aint gonna buy leadtek i aint gonna buy an ocz psu - but i am v happy with my pc3200 plat rev 2 :) cya.

no manufacturer can make something which is 100% working.. that is y OCZ have their great RMA services..

i'm very happy with my powerstream.. so doesn't matter if it's OCZ making it or is it DFI making the powersupply... lol..

Guest eva2000

company is only as good as it's after sales support and rma policy hence why OCZ is among the best :)

Well, just as i thought the PSU range was hard to pick, i saw the Antec TruePower 2 series, and the looks the bomb. It's got the 24-pin connector, and from the reviews i've seen, it looks very very good. Voltages look great and the design/features of the PSU looks respectable. How do these compare to the OCZ's? I note the 480Watt is $70 less than the 520 Watt OCZ.

Antec has made some really good power supplies. Many users had a problem with the TrueBlue 480 last year. It was so bad I had to replace an entire shipment of them with another brand, wait for the RMA's then sell them off.

They seem to have turned the corner on quality again since the NeoPower unit has been very good for users.

The TPII series has been getting high marks in reviews so that's a good sign.

hmmm interesting. With new range of PSU's coming out, it's a tough time to get PSU's at the moment. New ranges from all brands being released, and me needing to get one very soon... tough. Trouble is this PSU has to be lasting... which I'm sure the OCZ Powerstream 520W will be, but will it be superseded by the new ones immediately.. only time will tell.