Socket 939 Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I wonder if anyone actually stares at the screen for 8hours straight.

That's one hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: 7hrs 40 seconds!!!!!!!! come on come on!!!!!!!!! 7hrs 50 seconds!!!!! come on come on come on!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Failed at 7hrs and 59 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!! :P POS PC!!! What's wrong with it??????? I'm only trying to get 3.2ghz :confused:

That's one hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: That's another hour :eek: 7hrs 40 seconds!!!!!!!! come on come on!!!!!!!!! 7hrs 50 seconds!!!!! come on come on come on!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Failed at 7hrs and 59 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!! :P POS PC!!! What's wrong with it??????? I'm only trying to get 3.2ghz :confused:

umm could it have been the heat from the fart from all the excitement? prime it's known to fail on small temp changes

:D

300x10, 1.50+113% = 1.646v, 5:6 = 250fsb 2.6v

I ran Prime 95 for 8 hours and some change, 3D2001se, both with out problems. I'll post a screen shot when I get home. I then tried 3D2003 and it freezes... I rebooted and it happened again. I though maybe... hopefully it is a software thing, so I tried 3D2005, and it froze too... :(

Any suggestions? I played with voltages a little but no luck. 2005 waited until the cpu test to freeze. :confused: I thought the hard part was Prime 95... :rolleyes:

300x10, 1.50+113% = 1.646v, 5:6 = 250fsb 2.6v

I ran Prime 95 for 8 hours and some change, 3D2001se, both with out problems. I'll post a screen shot when I get home. I then tried 3D2003 and it freezes... I rebooted and it happened again. I though maybe... hopefully it is a software thing, so I tried 3D2005, and it froze too... :(

Any suggestions? I played with voltages a little but no luck. 2005 waited until the cpu test to freeze. :confused: I thought the hard part was Prime 95... :rolleyes:

always check 3d stability before doing prime so that no time is wasted ;)

always check 3d stability before doing prime so that no time is wasted ;)

Yuppers...I use the 3D stuff to get a feel for where it's going. Get your gfx drivers and such sorted before pushin hard on cpu and memory. 3DM03 can be a classy lady sometimes while everything else including prime can pass (most often while using an ATI gfx card for me).

Yuppers...I use the 3D stuff to get a feel for where it's going. Get your gfx drivers and such sorted before pushin hard on cpu and memory. 3DM03 can be a classy lady sometimes while everything else including prime can pass (most often while using an ATI gfx card for me).

I'm usin the 91.28 gfx drivers... It'll play Oblivion, or it did last week. I haven't playe since I started jumpin hoops for my OCDB. I even tried 299x10 and it froze. I guess when I get back I'll see where it stops freezing and go from there. I'm just not sure where to start from. Is it one of the RAM "drive strength" settings, or just voltage? I use auto for many of the RAM settings. A stray yet wise post rises to my memory... "use auto settings, and open amd64tweaker, write down the settings, and set them manually in the BIOS" Guess I'll also do that when I get home... :D

I check 3dmark03 before I even start prime. Sometimes a bump on cpu voltage helps 03 to pass but not always.

I bumped it to 1.68 and 1.7 and nogo on both... It was getting a little warm after that. Removing the IHS is the last resort... Maybe have to get a 1/2 barb RAD and swap my pumps with my mcp650... All for 50MHz huh? :rolleyes: O and that 3G stamp...