Socket 939 Discussion Thread

All kidding aside guys my temps in the norm are in the mids to upper 20c with stock voltage and with out primeing.Iam priming now with 1.500 volts my temps are in the 40's without a load they are in the upper 20's.This is the 165,my temps with the 146 are better.Question with the processor clock at 1.600 volts and 3.0 Ghz should my temps be up to 60c priming with a load?I took off the cpu again and reseated it and still the same with the hight temps priming.

newtempshotbz6.th.png

tempsstt3.th.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All kidding aside guys my temps in the norm are in the mids to upper 20c with stock voltage and with out primeing.Iam priming now with 1.500 volts my temps are in the 40's without a load they are in the upper 20's.This is the 165,my temps with the 146 are better.Question with the processor clock at 1.600 volts and 3.0 Ghz should my temps be up to 60c priming with a load?I took off the cpu again and reseated it and still the same with the hight temps priming.

I was going to say your temps HAVE to be off, but... close to 60c load is a little warm. I have my 148 at 1.65+ and only get to 54 to 56 load during Prime... and that's in Florida, not Rhode Island... although 40s loaded seems a little cool... Nice and cool!!! IS that upper 20 idle all the time or just after you boot?

newtempshotbz6.th.png

tempsstt3.th.png

your IHS on? My temps at 1.6 used to hit 50-55 even 57C on load at a 30C ambient. took the IHS off now at 1.6v my temps top 45C, idle at 27-30C. you might want to consider popping the top if you haven't allready and if your IHS is allready of, you might want to check your chassis temps to find hotspots and do some cable management to keep the airflow going.

setup MBM5 too as smart guardian is a little off sometimes, and check your temps with CoreTemp program too.

with CoreTemp my temps hit 50C

I still have the lid on.I was just looking at HG tutorial on removal of the IHS and was thinking about it.I still have my bolt on heatsink thermalright 948.

well since you're on air removing the IHS might not do you justice as it works best when on water cooling and or other passive cooling methods. but you can try just remember it will void your warranty.

OK, Just finished reading the posts here from yesterday and this morning.

I've PMed caffeinejunkie and let him know that I have deleted his thread do to the 1st screenshot using SP2004 instead of Prime95.

Now Angry will be Happy.

caffeinejunkie will be unhappy.

And those that have had entries that were deleted cause they were using SP2004 will be satisfied.

Some of you feel that it's more important to "clarify the rules" then it is to keep the forum running, check out new boards and products, complete tutorials and reply to the flurry of e-mails that the Forum Administrator receives.

I can see your point. I can be pretty Anal Retentive as well.

But I just don't see any earth shaking "urgency" to it like some of you do.

It HAS been thoroughly discussed.

Like most of the stuff it will get tweaked eventually I am sure.

Was I pissed when mine was deleted? Hell YES

Do MODs enjoy deleting posts? Hell NO

So either re-do the entry or don't post in the OCDB.

And for those of you that CAN use SP2004.

The DATE had better be correct. Set the dang time on your PC already.

I can guarantee you that I will be deleting posts that have an SP2004 date that is nowhere near the entry date.

So now that this oldfaht is done bitching, let's put this all behind us.

Wishing everyone the best of clocks and the longest of Primes.

soundx98 you have got to be the best damn freaking forum moderator around, your head is not big like others and you are neutral and don't put anyone down as a moderator should. Thanks and I'm glad you got pissed too when your entry got deleted, atleast I'm not alone.

I will let Prime95 run 24hours just for the hell of it so I can be sure my 3105 OC is _stable_.

One suggestion instead of deleting OCDB entries from users like me that had it deleted twice in a row, what about you mods give people a 5 day notice to make the require changes so that we don't have to recreate it all over again just to change one screenshot? I mean this would not piss people off and atleast it gives them a chance to do it right. another good idea would be to privmsg the OCDB entry to the user after deletion and notice so that all they have to do is copy paste with require changes :)

Eitherway, thanks for the good feedback on the subject :)

Happy Clocking!

Likewhoa

OK, Just finished reading the posts here from yesterday and this morning.

I've PMed caffeinejunkie and let him know that I have deleted his thread do to the 1st screenshot using SP2004 instead of Prime95.

Now Angry will be Happy.

caffeinejunkie will be unhappy.

And those that have had entries that were deleted cause they were using SP2004 will be satisfied.

Some of you feel that it's more important to "clarify the rules" then it is to keep the forum running, check out new boards and products, complete tutorials and reply to the flurry of e-mails that the Forum Administrator receives.

I can see your point. I can be pretty Anal Retentive as well.

But I just don't see any earth shaking "urgency" to it like some of you do.

It HAS been thoroughly discussed.

Like most of the stuff it will get tweaked eventually I am sure.

Was I pissed when mine was deleted? Hell YES

Do MODs enjoy deleting posts? Hell NO

So either re-do the entry or don't post in the OCDB.

And for those of you that CAN use SP2004.

The DATE had better be correct. Set the dang time on your PC already.

I can guarantee you that I will be deleting posts that have an SP2004 date that is nowhere near the entry date.

So now that this oldfaht is done bitching, let's put this all behind us.

Wishing everyone the best of clocks and the longest of Primes.

Me loves me Sunday coffee and a smoke (outside of course) and reading me Sunday funnies...while working on a 24hr prime (using prime95 with 3 hours to go).

While I think the "rules" and the "update" are confusing the answer is simply "just use prime95 unless your rig won't allow it". If you like SP2004 just cuz it tells you how long you've been going and yer biting yer nails waiting to "sneak" just over 8 hours...well...you really aren't too confident about your OC are you?

Remember that the OCDB is there to help people not just to show off yer skills. If yer setup is shaky and yer just praying to the OC gods to hit that magical 8 hour mark you really aren't helping anyone...my .02 cents...

Time for another smoke and some fresh coffee...........................

what gets me upset is that my entry not even on there for 5mins gets noticed faster than someone else who days ago posted an entry with Orthos but was overlooked,

Yeah that's why I quit robbing banks too,I always got caught commin out of the bank and the other guys seemed to get away it,I was pretty upset.

My head can swell to the size of the battleship Yokohama at times :)

we all have ego's and that's why a deletion hurts so much.

It can take me from 5 minutes to 4 months to get over being P.O.'d

But in all honestly I generally find I am just being stubborn and childish about something.

Now a 24 hour Prime95 USED to impress the crap out of me.

One time I passed 18, 24, 30, then 36 and was P.I.M.P. (Pooping In My Pants)

then Prime95 failed at a little over 37 hours, 30 minutes.

prime37hoursee9.th.jpg

I'm not sure if I

a) was P.O.'d that it failed

B) that I was running SP2004 instead of Prime95

c) that failure at 37 hours, 30 minutes, 44 secs proved it was unstable

d) That I should have stopped it at 37 hours, 30 minutes, 43 secs (before it failed)

e) all the above :D

I think we all realize that even if Prime95 went for 72 hours but it crashed while gaming, it's STILL NOT STABLE.

To me, it's the guys with multiple OCDB entries using different boards, processors, memory and OS that are uber kewl.

Why not give warnings and a leway before deletion? Fair question.

Cause some times you just can't.

a) Maybe a new user with a problem needs help (always the first priority)

B) Spammers with phones or i-Pod deals (these could contain code that could brinbg the forum down and there are more attempts each day - second priority)

c) In the middle of a long post or reply to a fellow member or thread (3rd Priority)

d) Cause most of the time when you try and be nice you either get involved in trading PMs or an argument over the rules and it eventually bites you in the arse.

e) You notice that you haven't spoken with your family for 3 days and they may have been kidnapped by gypsies while you were on the forum.

Let's be honest. Most of us will argue for the sake of arguing :D

"just use prime95 unless your rig won't allow it"

Short, simple and to the point (I may add this to my sig)

My head can swell to the size of the battleship Yokohama at times :)

we all have ego's and that's why a deletion hurts so much.

It can take me from 5 minutes to 4 months to get over being P.O.'d

But in all honestly I generally find I am just being stubborn and childish about something.

Now a 24 hour Prime95 USED to impress the crap out of me.

One time I passed 18, 24, 30, then 36 and was P.I.M.P. (Pooping In My Pants)

then Prime95 failed at a little over 37 hours, 30 minutes.

prime37hoursee9.th.jpg

I'm not sure if I

a) was P.O.'d that it failed

B) that I was running SP2004 instead of Prime95

c) that failure at 37 hours, 30 minutes, 44 secs proved it was unstable

d) That I should have stopped it at 37 hours, 30 minutes, 43 secs (before it failed)

e) all the above :D

I think we all realize that even if Prime95 went for 72 hours but it crashed while gaming, it's STILL NOT STABLE.

To me, it's the guys with multiple OCDB entries using different boards, processors, memory and OS that are uber kewl.

Why not give warnings and a leway before deletion? Fair question.

Cause some times you just can't.

a) Maybe a new user with a problem needs help (always the first priority)

B) Spammers with phones or i-Pod deals (these could contain code that could brinbg the forum down and there are more attempts each day - second priority)

c) In the middle of a long post or reply to a fellow member or thread (3rd Priority)

d) Cause most of the time when you try and be nice you either get involved in trading PMs or an argument over the rules and it eventually bites you in the arse.

e) You notice that you haven't spoken with your family for 3 days and they may have been kidnapped by gypsies while you were on the forum.

Let's be honest. Most of us will argue for the sake of arguing :D

Short, simple and to the point (I may add this to my sig)

I agree that d & e was the cause in both points. you should have stopped prime at the last second, but it was probably all of the above,.. trading PMs over rules would be really boring & you definally don't want your family kidnapped by gypsies as when you rescue them they will give you bad predictions on your bios settings then ask to borrow money.