Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Well, getting an 4800+ to do such speeds, you'd probably be needing 2.0+ Volts... LoL

I think you're doing quite nice on air!! But to me 60 degrees is unacceptable, way to hot. 55/56 I could live with but you'll probably have set it back some more during the summer? ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

likewhoa

I can't believe you would post an OCDB entry with SP2004 within a week of your last one being deleted for the same thing.

Me either..

likewhoa.. I deleted your entry and if you enter another invalid one I will give you a short vacation so you will have time to study the rules..

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I still dont get how people post their entry wrong when the rules are very clear.. not to mention there is a template to download.

Me either..

likewhoa.. I deleted your entry and if you enter another invalid one I will give you a short vacation so you will have time to study the rules..

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I still dont get how people post their entry wrong when the rules are very clear.. not to mention there is a template to download.

ok WTF the rules don't mention anything about not using Orthos which is meant for dual-core multi-thread cpus.

I only following what the rules say, and yes it saids you can't use SP2004 but nothing about Orthos.

pic #1 - Prime95, SP2004, or Orthos (SP2004 for multi-core cpu's) minimum 8 hours, 2x cpu-z screens, one showing the first tab (cpu info) and one showing the memory tab (timings), and one finished benchmark of 3dMark2001SE

where does that say I can't use Orthos? :D

and what makes this entry valid insted of mine?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=300

sorry caffeinejunkie if I get your entry deleted but i'm trying to make a point.

Ok

since the LGA775 Overclock Database has only two entries (and one is mine!)

and there isn't even a Socket940 (AM2) DB yet, I've decided to cave into demands to make SP2004 to be used ONLY, I REPEAT ONLY ON THESE TWO PLATFORMS instead of Prime95 as the mandatory Prime stress program.

If you aren't sure what that means, it means this:

Only LGA775 Database and Socket 940 (AM2) Database entries will be allowed to use SP2004 by Johnny Lee.

LGA775 and AM2 entries MUST use SP2004.

ALL OTHER DB ENTRIES IN ALL OTHER SECTIONS THAT USE ANYTHING BUT PRIME95 WILL BE DELETED INSTANTLY.

YOU WILL ONLY USE PRIME95 TO KEEP THOSE DB THREADS CONSISTENT

So you may not like that, but honestly....it won't mean you will die from it.

It just means you gotta continue to follow the rules.

We love consistency, so I'm going to make it mandatory for AM2 overclockers to use SP2004.

LGA775 will be mandatory other than the two entries that are in there. Instead of wiping them and starting over, it's better that only the first two entries are using Prime95.

Thx for reading. Don't send me hatemail. I already know you don't like me and my stupid rules

This following was in reference to your last entry that was deleted. You didn't see it?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...&postcount=1625

well now I just deleted two more 939 OCDB posts because it seems people still, to this day, which is an amazing feat of laziness and ignorance, cannot be bothered to read the rules that state SP2004 IS NOT ALLOWED UNLESS YOU ARE USING AM2 OR LGA775!

sheesh people...what is the problem?

Orthos is SP2004.

Can we get the "Rules" sticky updated? Maybe put that statement into the sticky that most of us seem to think is the "Official" Rules thread. That "Big Update" thread "looks" like it is only for 775s and AM2s. THAT's where the confusion seems to lie. Then maybe we won't make mistakes and get upset when we're called out. :D Just a thought...

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!11 :D

be back tomorrow with a _valid_ entry.

what gets me upset is that my entry not even on there for 5mins gets noticed faster than someone else who days ago posted an entry with Orthos but was overlooked, now that is why I posted with Orthos as it does not say anything about _not_ using,.. Praz It's SP2004 Orthos edition not SP2004 they both different with separate licenses FYI.

Can we get the "Rules" sticky updated? Maybe put that statement into the sticky that most of us seem to think is the "Official" Rules thread. That "Big Update" thread "looks" like it is only for 775s and AM2s. THAT's where the confusion seems to lie. Then maybe we won't make mistakes and get upset when we're called out. :D Just a thought...

Yah, actually having it the Rules would help alot more than a Sticky that is'nt the Rules that are so heavily mentioned, which it actually is'nt in the Rules so technically his OCDB entry was 100% legit

That's awesome! But kinda hard to believe too. You got hurricane Wilma inthere or something? Or you placed the PC in a fridge? ;)

I think he's an skimo so that might explain the use of high voltages and good temps. plus his reseavour is the icecaps.