Corsair Ram on NF4 boards

Sage2050

hey fellas

i gots Corsair 3200XLPro - TwinX - 2 x 512MB sticks running currently @ 2-2-25/[email protected] (stock)

I've been all the way upto 255 FSB no problem - thats DDR 510 @ 2.5-3-3-6/1T on my MSI Diamond board - darent push it further - PS - that was @ 2.75volts! :>

However - exactly the same setup on my DFI SLI-DR has been succefully tested 1:1 @ 250FSB - Thats 500mhz DDR - I'm usually not into overclocking but when I saw the bandwidth increase - yeeehaaa!

one liccle problem remains - Cant get this FX-53 to boot using the 10x mutiplier - I used to run 250FSB/500Mem/2500CPU on my Diamond board - but this DFI board refuses to let it get past post when using the 10x multiplier :( - x9 works fine - so does x11 (well, it posts @ least! but too much for my cpu @ 2750mhz) - my cpu can only do a tops of 2580 :(

hmmm - will try a newer BIOS release once we gets an official one :rolleyes:

Well if you don't have at least the 3/10 bios you need to get it. I don't have the ram you have. I've had it at ddr470, but it wasnt stable at all. Like I said b4, it will not even run stable if I run it at 400. I may have gotten some bad sticks. I will say this though. I had this ram running on my MSI neo2k8n platium, and it would overclock ddr400 no problem. hmmmmmm. You just made me remember that. Maybe this board doesn't like this ram. I don't know. I've tried everything I can think of.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry forgot to add -i'm using Rgones recommended memory BIOS settings for overclocking -

Memory is not the issue in my case - I know it can handle 250FSB no probs - as it works on the x9 multiplier - PS - running BIOS 3/10 performance

i shall give the newer april BIOSes a try later this week :>

Sage, is there anyway you could give me a complete list of your bios settings. By that I mean your bios genie settings. Voltages and timings, you get the idea. If you could, I'd appreciate it.

i'll get it asap.

everything not listed is set on Auto

FSB - 250

LTD/FSB - x4.0

LTD Bus Transfer Width - d16 u16

PCI eXpress - 100mhz

K8 Cool n quiet - diabled

CPU startup - 1.425

CPU control - 1.425

CPU special control - 110%

LDT voltage - 1.5v

Chipset voltage - 1.8v

DRAM voltage - 2.9v

DRAM fequency - 180 (9:10)

CPC - disabled

CAS - 2.0

RAS to CAS delay - 02

min RAS drive - 05

Bank interleave - enabled

DRAM drive strength - lvl 8

DRAM data drive strength - lvl 4

Max async 07.0

idlecycle - 256

dynamic counter - disabled

R/W queue bypass - 16x

bypass max - 07x

granularity - diabled (8 bursts)

I ordered the same ram XMS pro xL 3200, I ll post my results once rig is up, but on 2225 timings u should be around 210-220, dividers + looser timings should hit 240-250, again I;ll know more once the ram is on my hands and Ill mess with the bios.

its C2. it would be nice if i could find a way to kill this ram, just to take advantage of the lifetime warranty =P
Ooookkk......

ram guy? linkage please?

http://www.asktheramguy.com, which is just a link to a sub-forum of http://www.houseofhelp.com.

You guys may want to post the info in thislink in your post in addition to the info asked for in the first post in this thread:

How To Read the Corsair Memory Label

Corsair IC Inquiry Thread

Post in that IC thread if you want to know which IC is used in your Corsair memory. FYI, the part #, version #, AND lot # are all needed for Ram Guy to find out which IC is in your memory.

Only exceptions:

3500C2: BH-5

3200XL and 4400C25: TCCD

where do i find the part/version/lot numbers?

well, i got part number from CPU-Z, but still need the other two.

nevermind, missed that link.

also, "thislink" is not linked to anything.

ey guys I would like to OC at least a bit my winnie 3000 but I only have 1 stick of 512 MB Corsair Value Selected VS512MB400, and since i don't know how far will this memory go along with the oc. I would like to see some settings recommendations.

FSB?

ratio?

LTD?

DRAM Frequency?

CAS?

CPU vid?

CPU volt?

Chipset Volts?