Starting to Build Computer, ULTRA-D, AOL?

The fact you got to the screen that you did is schweeetness.........especially with one stick of ram in what most would say is the wrong slot.....LOL!!!!

thumbup.gif.......leave it alone and keep going.

You can dig around in the bios..........PC Health will give you your temps.

no his memory is in slot number 2. the correct one ;)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wohoooo, i did something right! A miracle! :angel:

Btw there is one red light on, all the way at the bottom.

Okay well I guess I can start putting everything in the case!

The XP-90 is only getting alittle warm btw... is that bad? lol

The gigabyte x800xl on the other hand is warming my hands nicely! hehehe

Bout the fan........looks like it's sucking to me.........but check on the side of the fan shroud........it should have arrows that indicate which direction air will flow.

Upon closer inspection, the blades are curved for the airflow to blow down onto the heatsink. This is the correct orientation.

Wohoooo, i did something right! A miracle! :angel:

Btw there is one red light on, all the way at the bottom.

Okay well I guess I can start putting everything in the case!

The gigabyte x800xl on the other hand is warming my hands nicely! hehehe

The last LED stays on until the OS loads.

The warmth you feel on the heat sink means it's doing its job of moving the heat away from the CPU.

Good job so far!

No..........as long as your temps in the bios were acceptable.

When you power down, unplug your PSU from the back of the PSU itself...........wait about 20 seconds to discharge........I even push the little button on the bottom of the board to assure discharge..........the little button is the one on TOP of the 2 choices..................then I start disassembling hardware.

Upon closer inspection, the blades are curved for the airflow to blow down onto the heatsink. This is the correct orientation.

Thanks.............I never did good on that part of the aptitude test anyways. :shake:

Rodie - Yea i figure out the fan situation, hehe thanks.

Lidocaine - Okay, i'll unplug the PSU and then press the button, are you refering to the powerbutton on the mobo?

Here are a couple shots, the first one is of the bios PC HEALTH Status, second one is of the lights.

Perhaps you guys can tell me if the stuff on the PC HEALTH status screen is in order. 8)

http://www.epiotr.com/other/comp/7.jpg

http://www.epiotr.com/other/comp/8.jpg

not to be a asshat, but what are you doing near a computer???

we all have had our problems with a computer build, but damn man.. you wouldnt know if you had a problem if it bit you in the arse.

im not trying to be rude or anything, but after reading everythign here, im left shaking my head at you.

Yes we all have to learn somewhere, but building a computer is not hard. ., its even color coded.

my advice, get a old comp and rip it apart and put it together a few times till you get a understanding. when you think you got it all figured out, then fry it so you know what to expect, what the smell is, what it looks like. once that is done, then venture into the realm of building your own.

then again, its not my money, and i dont pay your bills, so do whatever you want. but as i see it, your basicly having everyone here holding your hand thru this comp build, when you should have the decency to have atleast the basic computer understanding

anything like this again and we will put a ban on you for a while until you decide you want to be a productive and helpful member of this forum.

you have no business, nor any right to come here and say such things to our users.

this forum was put here to help customers of ALL skill levels.

this forum was NOT put here to let you insult someone that isn't up to your level of skill at building a computer from scratch.

Take a minute to think about any reply you put back about this also.

LOAD OF CRAP

I personally built my VERY first computer from ground up SOLELY on the help of a forum and it's members........step by step the whole way through. Even flashed my first bios in that same build.

I conversed with alot of interesting people that have connections/design top end hardware.........hold the top scores on the ORB......and I still remain in contact to this day with most of those guys..............and that was a long time ago.

If ya ain't here to help..........whatta here for?

And I ain't trying to be rude either.

hellzarmy- ouch thats mean, lol.

I guess i could have played with an old comp, but i wouldn't know where to find one. lol

I know the basics, i mean i've been doing alot of reading getting ready for today, but i forgot my guide book back in college. Also i'm a bit of a perfectionist unfortunatly, so I always have to double check everything to make sure its right.

Fortunatly alot of you guys here are very helpfull and willing to deal with me, which i'm very thankfull for. :rolleyes:

-Pete

anything like this again and we will put a ban on you for a while until you decide you want to be a productive and helpful member of this forum.

you have no business, nor any right to come here and say such things to our users.

this forum was put here to help customers of ALL skill levels.

this forum was NOT put here to let you insult someone that isn't up to your level of skill at building a computer from scratch.

Take a minute to think about any reply you put back about this also.