What power supply do you have? (open to all platforms)

Angry_Games

1,912 members have voted

1. 1.

• OCZ (all makes)
    • Fortron/FSP (all makes)
    • Enermax
    • PCP&C
    • Antec
    • Skyhawk
    • Thermaltake
    • Coolermaster
    • I'm using a 20-pin psu still
    • Other (please list in a post!)
    • Silverstone
    • Sunbeam
    • Tagan
    • Seasonic
    • Hiper
    • Mushkin/BFG

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it strange that there aren't more users who are dissatisfied with their supply, even for minor reasons.

Fans noisy?

Hearing the supply switching electronics "squeal" or "tick" due to quickly varying loads?

Pathetically cheap connectors? Wrong connectors, or no adapters packed with it?

I paid $159.00 for a TT Silent Power 680 watt supply that exhibits ALL of the negative traits above, but it does run my computer flawlessly.

Most eye-opening were the pathetically cheap connectors installed on the leads.

The lead sheathing looks nice, but loose, floppy pins inside those connectors made lining-up plugs/receptacles a chore.

Will anyone 'fess-up?

I'll be the first to admit it when I've got a pile-of-crap...

Charles

Wow (my favorite interjection now :) ) After 7 pages of post i' didn't see a person using my PSU... Ihope i have a good one... Have had some problem with my board but not due to my PSU (i hope)

And i love my Hiper 480W which is very effective and quiet ! (ATX2.2 compliant)

You have, the guy who posted Coolermaster. Coolermasters PSU's are just rebadged Hipers ;)

I have a 24 PIN ATX 2.2 525watt Hiper(High Power) PSU and its superb :) Fully tested and recommended by AMD for the AMD64. It has a really neat touch where the extra 4 Pins "unclip" to fit a 20 Pin board.

In fact, some places advertise the Hipers as being the only PSU's that are actually fully recommended by AMD for the AMD64 but i don't know if i believe that...

Anyway, i use mine on my DFI Infinity NFII Ultra 20 Pin board so i guess i shouldn't be posting here, sorry.

I have a 24 PIN ATX 2.2 525watt Hiper(High Power) PSU and its superb :) Fully tested and recommended by AMD for the AMD64. It has a really neat touch where the extra 4 Pins "unclip" to fit a 20 Pin board.

Enermax Noisetaker also have this kind of 24-pin connector isn't it?

It's nice that u can separate the extra 4-pins so that it can be used on 20-pin atx mobo connector. :nod:

Not sure, i know some 24 Pin PSU's come with a seperate 20 Pin adapter, like the 20 Pin to 24 Pin adapters you can buy but in reverse.

I actually got confused when i came to setup my 525watt Hiper on my Infinity. I went to connect it up then realised it was 24 Pin. Didn't notice the extra 4 Pins just unclipped to connect to a 20 Pin board until someone on another forum told me lol. It doesn't mention anything about it on the box or in the huge manual you get with it. I even emailed the place i bought it from because they advertised it for 20 Pin & 24 Pin boards and they just issued me an RMA number and told me to return it!

Thought it had the wrong Power Lead at first too because it came with a 2 Pin US/European style plug then i noticed there was another Power Lead in the bottom of the box with a three pin UK plug. It came with both for some reason.

Its been a solid PSU and quiet(even though it has 3 fans) and a very good price too. £48 for a quality ATX 2.2 525watt Triple Fan PSU with manual and automatic fan controller aint bad at all. A few ppl i know here in the UK use them on their NF4 boards. I don't think they sell Hipers in the US.

Does anyone have a A.C. Ryan Ryanpower2 550W or have heard anything about it. So far I have had no problems with mine. I am getting a water cooling system and some G.Skill PC4400LE ram. I want to do some serious overclocking and would like to know if this power supply would hold me back.

Some Specs:

Model Number: ACR-PS2100

Total Power: 460W

+3.3V min / max: 0.5A / 32A

+5V min / max: 1.0A / 35A

+12V min / max: 0.5A / 30A

-12 min / max: 0.1A / 0.5A

+5Vsb min / max: 0.1A / 2A

Does anyone have a A.C. Ryan Ryanpower2 550W or have heard anything about it. So far I have had no problems with mine. I am getting a water cooling system and some G.Skill PC4400LE ram. I want to do some serious overclocking and would like to know if this power supply would hold me back.

Some Specs:

Model Number: ACR-PS2100

Total Power: 460W

+3.3V min / max: 0.5A / 32A

+5V min / max: 1.0A / 35A

+12V min / max: 0.5A / 30A

-12 min / max: 0.1A / 0.5A

+5Vsb min / max: 0.1A / 2A

Well, it looks like the PSU only has a single rail for the 12V supply. While there are people running on power supplies with a single 12V rail, the spec calls for a PSU with two 12V rails. The unit has enough power so you may run just fine. If you run into instability when you OC it may be tough to pin down the cause.

I would give it a run and see how it performs before worrying about an upgrade.

Well this is what I ordered Saturday morning. So hopefully I'll be running an new Enermax in a few days. :nod:

1- DFI Lan Party NForce4 SLI-DR Audio/GB-LAN/IEEE/PCI-E/SATA/DDR/ATX 64 939

1- AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB (939)

2- eVGA GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB GDDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/Dual-DVI (Retail Box)

1- Enermax Noisetaker EG701AX-VE-SFMA ATX 2.0 w/SLI Support 600W Power Supply

1- Thermalright XP-120 AMD Athlon 64/Opteron/Intel 478 Heatsink