How to make a Windows XP CD with NVRAID Drivers built in.

Any update on first post for the 6.66 drivers? The file "nvcchflt.sys" is not in the driver package already. Sorry, noob here. :P

This very usefull thread with a detailed description how to integrate the nForce Sata/Raid drivers into a Windows XP CD was started by Cythrawl in March.

Meanwhile a lot of things have been developed - new drivers, new nLite versions and new methods to integrate the mostly not WHQL-certified nForce Sata/Raid drivers.

If you want to find the easiest way to integrate the drivers from the nForce chipset package 6.66 into a bootable Windows XP CD, look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=356029

CU

Fernando

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This very usefull thread with a detailed description how to integrate the nForce Sata/Raid drivers into a Windows XP CD was started by Cythrawl in March.

Meanwhile a lot of things have been developed - new drivers, new nLite versions and new methods to integrate the mostly not WHQL-certified nForce Sata/Raid drivers.

If you want to find the easiest way to integrate the drivers from the nForce chipset package 6.66 into a bootable Windows XP CD, look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ndpost&p=356029

CU

Fernando

I just googled and got that 10 minutes ago. Anyway, thanks a million for the great guide. :D

I'm trying this for the first time. I just downloaded and started the newest nlite beta 5. I'm using PATA RAID. When I create the $OEM$ folder and all it's contents, the only folder (within NVidia on my hard drive) with some of the ide files specified that needs to be copied, are in the SATA_IDE folder. Since this says SATA, will it mess up my PATA RAID?

Just take the files I have documented, wherever you find them within the package, and copy them into the subfolder OEMDIR.

I have not tried my method with PATA RAID, because I have SATA RAID, but I am sure, that the method I have described will work with your system too.

The only important thing for users with a PATA RAID is to integrate the files from the subfolder PATARAID as TEXTMODE driver by nLite!

Good luck!

Fernando

The only important thing for users with a PATA RAID is to integrate the files from the subfolder PATARAID as TEXTMODE driver by nLite!

Good luck!

Fernando

Could you explain this more please. imma new b

Also can't find the WINNT.SIF file.

ok, on the unattented setup page of nlite beta 4, I'm not sure if I should click OEM Preinstall or not. Ive read the "i" button for information, but don't understand. I want to be able to install the raid drivers w/o pressing the f6 at the beginning, and using the newest 6.66 drivers. I've already specified on a previous section of nlite, to use the raid drivers. Do I click the box or not?

ok, I've got my cd ready. I think I've chosen the right settings. A few questions:

1. Can I create a partition in partition magic, and somehow install this unattended cd to that drive, so that I can test to make sure it's gonna work?

2. Will it automatically use NTFS and 4K cluster, since it's unattended? Can I some how use the recommended 16k instead?

ok, I've got my cd ready. I think I've chosen the right settings. A few questions:

1. Can I create a partition in partition magic, and somehow install this unattended cd to that drive, so that I can test to make sure it's gonna work?

2. Will it automatically use NTFS and 4K cluster, since it's unattended? Can I some how use the recommended 16k instead?

1. You can't use Partition Magic, when you have built a Raid Array, because PM will not detect your hard drive disks and the partitions. The better method will be to create partitions during Windows Setup or - if with XP computer management after the end of the installation.

2. When you make an installation with your unattended install CD, you can decide shortly after the beginning of the installation,

- if you want to make a new partition and with which size,

- if you want to formate a partition and

- which file system you would like.

ok. previous cd didn't work, but partition magic did. I ended up having to just install from the regular windows cd, then installing partition magic, and setting the previous c: drive to active and restarting. Now I'm back in my original OS setup.

starting over, after making several coasters....

ok during step one (of this guide), when integrating nvidia drivers:, do I

1. Integrate the raid drivers there, along with creating the OEM folder (etc) in step 2?

2. Or since I am doing the OEM thing I don't have to integrate

btw I'm using nlite beta 4 since I heard of problems with 5.

that was the first one i tried...I'm using pata, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. All of the directions I've found are for sata only. Ive got a couple of the same errors as others on here. The one following this thread, started out good, but on the first reboot during install, it said ntdlr (or something like that) not found. The other error said a few letters, then the number 1394 i think. Also said it was either not found or missing. I'm thinking maybe the new 6.66 drivers require more files in the OEM folder(s) than what's listed on here, but not sure. I'm also trying to remove several things, like netmeeting, outlook express, all the basic drivers for hard drives, video cards, etc, that supposedly arent needed because I have my own. Maybe I'll try not removing ANYTHING, to see if that helps.