The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

eheh thx for helping :nod: !

Well I messed up a little with sensors stuff in mbm and I get now the ambient air t° of the gpu :sweat: , I tried again but i still can't get the core t° :confused:

Everything should be set up the same - just the sensors numbers are differrent...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shake:

I found the trick ! In Riva's hardware monitoring, i only kept Core t° and Ambient t° the first time, in the data sources options, then I tried Core/memory/Ambient t°/Core t° and voila it shows up in the dashboard !!!

Ty again guys.

mbm.png

Ok, soundx98, i'll provide screenshots of my riva/mbm settings, but first i'm trying to have my gpu core clock showing up :P

Screenshots of your settings bitte

Setting it all up, active windows and such. Make it all easy to use, that's the whole point of the thread. Most folks aren't gonna have the patience to be all nerdy and stuff. Up to us full fledged nerdites to help along. Now adjust your pencil pocket protector and get to it! MBM that Riva for us. C'mon tendukom1slip it's all on you dude. :)

hehehe Yes, of course I did :) Sucka for anything with system info and OCing :)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...173&postcount=6

Like I said it's an Alpha more than Beta but he's got some great stuff in there including an A64 tweaker. Huge amount of stuff. Like Unwinder a really cleaver fella. Feel sorry for these guys with so many variables an so little reliable information to cover all the boards and all the cards out there. You can see why Alex Van Kaam finally stopped.

It is a nice tool. Hardware monitor reports everything mbm does :) .

But it has almost 20MB - that is way to much for a hardware monitoring use :eek2:

The only thing that it reported different than mbm was my +12V line...

And I dont like the way it fills my tray with icon - there should be a osd or a dashboard of some kind...

try the new Everest "ultimate" if you get time. Lots of kewlio stuff. Lot of icons in the tray though. What would really be great if we can bring the best of the hardware monitoring together in a nice small easy to use package. DFI Street Shuffle or something.

Mini tuto for beginners like me to get nvidia gpu readouts into mbm, based on soundx98 and _xhp_ great works :

what you need,

1. Riva tuner, get it here
  2. _xhp_ plugin, here
  3. mbm, here

_xhp_ step by step :

1) Setup rivatuner -> main tab -> target adapter - customize (tricky) -> hardware monitor -> enable background monitoring (big red button in the lower left edge)

Settings -> Send to tray on close

Settings -> Run on windows startup

riva_1.pngriva_2.png

riva_3.pngriva_4.png

2) Setup plugin - just copy .dll to mbm plugin dir

plugin.png

3) Setup mbm - set temp sensors to custom (for me it is 32, 31, 30 ,29 - the number of sensors depends on the number of readings you see in rivatuner ). Add them to the dashboard or whatever...

mbm.png

4) You must manually start the plugin -> right click on the mbm tray icon -> plugins -> rivatuner ... -> start plugin

startplugin.png

IMPORTANT

Try expanding dashboard window with those little arrows on the left (rightclick dashboard window if you do not see them). Sometimes the readings are on the non visible part of the dashboard initialy...

dash.png

I hope it will help.

:sweat:

Well, that is some nice work - I am sure it will help a lot (imagine applause smiely or something here - smiley selection sucks)

I found a good use for that "quick switch" button an my logitech mouse - I have set it to ctrl+shift+m -> osd. Now when I want to see my temps I just push that little button. Works, even in the games like gta sa (not perfectly, but it works)...

Big Friggin Smile :D

tendukom1slip You and _xhp_ are Da Kind!

_xhp_ and you have both been at DFI-street less than a month and look at all the kewl sheet you guys be postin'. That's just a beautiful little tutorial. really impressive and I am sure it will help many with NV cards.

And you have done exactly what Angry designed DFI-street for, that is helping other DFI owners enjoy their board more. I can't thank you enough for your assistance! Sure is a lot easier to follow than looking at an ATI card in the tutorial. And RivaTuner with the _xhp_ plug-in does work on ATI cards as well.

Hoping _xhp_ is still tinkering away and fine tuning his stuff.

We really got the international flavor going on in this thread :)

_xhp_ in Croatia (just awesome work my Dude),

tendukom1slip in France I assume on an 754 NF3,

SaFrOuT in Egypt pushing and prodding,

Marcus in Cajun country beggin and pleading and keeping me focused,

Shinobi in England on NF2 helpin the NF2 guys,

Old Guy in California and the RGonian One in da secret laboratory in da swamp wit da lightening bolts and sheet have also confirmed it works on the 939 NF3.

We just got folks from everywhere helpin. Too many to name, but all helping their fellow deranged and crazy df-street bruthas. The thread is now approaching over 25,000 views!

thisthreadrocks.jpg

Yes he is ;) ... Working on the new version - completely different... Maybe the ultimate solution...

Kinda figured that :)

All ready using the mouse the button for OSD. Good thinking my man.

We're gonna need a mod to help us clean the thread up and make it a quick and easy tutorial sooner or later.

Just a got a picture of _xhp_ and some of the other guys from the thread celebrating with their biatches.

I'll post it below so you know who to look out for! :nod:

1revengeofthenerds.jpg

And of course some notable quotes from our heros:

http://www.uselessmoviequotes.com/umq_r006.htm

Yes he is ;) ... Working on the new version - completely different... Maybe the ultimate solution...

can't wait to try the alpha or beta release :)

Thanks again for ur help and for everyone helping here :)