The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

12270003hw.jpg

That what you need?

OK, now I understand that you are trying to get rid of degree symbol and C under the clock speeds. Sorry, little slow today.

Could one of you guys that has it working to a step by step guide with pictures, screenshots, and how-to words for the other NV guys? Would be much appreciated by all.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm speaking from ignorance here. I understand that we're limited to temp readings what I was hoping for was that somehow individual readings within the shared memory area could be altered after being imported. But I'm guessing that this would need to be done by MBM itself as I suppose MBM just reads a raw value from shared memory and then assigns units assuming it is a temperature and probably has no way to differentiate and manipulate individual readings.

You're so right... To do this one would have to modify mbm application itself. It can be done...

Ok - it seems I was wrong (mbm help was wrong and I was blind). You CAN set your readings to temperatures, fans or voltages. I managed to get my clocks to show in volts insead of in oC :P

No Mhz jet. There are 4 placeholders for the cpu that could show Mhz (but there are some problems)... I'll have to play a bit with it later...

edit:

ok, I had relative success. I managed to post some readings to the CPU "placeholders". But only one of them is shown on the dashboard (the on that was originaly CPU Mhz). The problem is that you cant show that CPU 2,3,4 values becouse mbm detects they don't exist. Maybe we can manualy force showing then by messing around with the files in which mbm saves it's dashboard settings...

maybe label Core Mhz and Mem MHz and then just lose the "V"? :)

I asked WiZzard at Tech Power about importing core/mem/fan speeds inot MBM5 but I'm aftraid he's got his hands fulls of Beta's as well.

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php...98&postcount=30

Like to stress again that the card MUST Support temp monitoring and not all do. For ATI the X800/X850 series do, 9600/9700/98oo DON'T support it but most XT' DO. Usually an LM63/65 series chip is used. There are many deviations from reference designs where temp monitoring may be omitted and of course ASUS generally uses a method/sensors of it's own.

Maybe you NV guys can give us some info on what cards have the temp mon capability and which don't when RivaTuner is used. For sure RivaTuner won't read the 9800 temps cause the card doesn't have the capability :D

I hope there is no need to point out that you are going to have to open the dashboard and insure that the sensors you select to send it in MBM5 must be VISIBLE. :) And that the free sensor in MBM5 (32, 31, 30, & 29 for NV guys are is selected to display itself in the dashboard and is set to CUSTOM. I can guarantee that the NV temps are NOT going to appear in the Temp Sensors in my ATI MBM5 I posted. Keep up the great work you guys.

Great thread !

I really appreciate both soundx98 an xhp efforts to get nvidia's gpu temp° into mbm, thx for all.

I followed every points in xhp post, to make it works, but I still get nothing into the dashboard. In Riva tuner's, I have all the readings about t° etc, I enabled background monitoring, copied the plugin, I set t° sensors to custom, activated the plugin in mbm, but nothing appears in the dashbord (I checked the "display in the dashboard screen"option in mbm settings).

What did I do wrong, am I missing something ?

Thx for help in advance.

Try expanding dashboard window with those little arrows on the left (rightclick dashboard window if you do not see them). Sometimes the readings are on the non visible part of the dashboard initialy...

What about systool Wizzard is developing. Did you try it?

hehehe Yes, of course I did :) Sucka for anything with system info and OCing :)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...173&postcount=6

Like I said it's an Alpha more than Beta but he's got some great stuff in there including an A64 tweaker. Huge amount of stuff. Like Unwinder a really cleaver fella. Feel sorry for these guys with so many variables an so little reliable information to cover all the boards and all the cards out there. You can see why Alex Van Kaam finally stopped.

Check it out _xhp_ I think you'kk find in interesting.

AND OPEN THE DASHBOARD ALL THE WAY UP SO YOU CAN MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE SENORS ARE DISPLAYED! :D

Yes, i can see them in the dashboard, but t° are still showing 0°.

You do have rivatuner running (red flower icon in the tray)??

Rightclick mbm tray icon -> plugins -> rivatuner ... <==> there should be stop plugin command if the plugin is running...

If everything else fails you can post screenshots of all of your mbm/rivaruner settings so we can check them out... Heck, soundx98 requested some pics - well turn it into a tutorial...