The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probs at ya Flybye - thanks for trying man. Appreciate all the efforts. Lot of fun when the pressure is on to deliver isn't it :)

You need to have the NV/MSI/Asus temp program open for Everest to read them correctly. And you need to have sensors set to custom to display and read them in MBM5.

drewski - good work - nice to have you in on the hunt. I'm sure you can see it's not easy with the MBM forum being down. Martijn Schuemie did the Visualization plug-in I posted as well. RivaTuner reads the temps as well so you guys may want to give that another spin. The dude was definately reading celcius and farenheit incorrectly. teh temps are right on.

If I knew C++ I would have found our answers all ready. :)

I got an "F" in C++. Don't have a clue. But you are right on target.

Can any of you C++ dudes help some bruthas out?

Oh, and here is the my latest MBMData file with the on-screen display and stuff enabled. (well at least I think it is, I have WAY TOO MANY of these on the HDD right now)

April 25th MBM Data file http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//MBMDataFinal.rar

remember you'll need ATITool working and SMART enabled to get everythjing working. And don't forget to send a few bucks to Alex when you get time. GL

P.S. Hmmm, Smokin Joe be talkin about this Gainward Expert Tool proggy.

http://ftp.gainward.com/utility/expertool/expertool_329.zip

.......You need to have the NV/MSI/Asus temp program open for Everest to read them correctly. And you need to have sensors set to custom to display and read them in MBM5.......

Did that and done that.....no luck.

It's funny how in the MBM.ini file each sensor has its own number. I'm almost tempted to try each number up to 500, but.........umm.......turning off and turning on MBM each time I'll need a few hours aside LOL.

But if the sensor DOES have a number, then shouldn't MBM be able to read it?

Did that and done that.....no luck.

It's funny how in the MBM.ini file each sensor has its own number. I'm almost tempted to try each number up to 500, but.........umm.......turning off and turning on MBM each time I'll need a few hours aside LOL.

But if the sensor DOES have a number, then shouldn't MBM be able to read it?

if you look at how the ATI temps were brought in by Soundx98 and displayed, it's not MBM5 reading the GPU temps directly. it's actually ATITool reading the temps and forwarding these to MBM's Sensor 5 & 6 (? IIRC). that's why ATITool needs to be running in order for the GPU temps to display (this is my conclusion. i haven't tried it "off" and i'm not at home to tinker)

similarly, for an nVidia GPU, you'll either need a program that can read the GPU temps set to forward these (possibly some arcane RivaTuner setting?) to an unused MBM sensor (I think 5 & 6 should be free for you!), or use a plug-in that will read the GPU and allow MBM to see the temps "stand-alone".

if MBM isn't reading the GPU sensor, and you're not running anything to read/forward, i doubt looking at each sensor will give you much to look at except a bunch of 0's . . . but if you've got some time on your hands!!

you may want to follow that link i gave above to the guy who had a working plug-in for the 6800 ultra but with some F->C issues (Overclockers.net link), click on "Read Formatted Version" link and try and send him ("Zeus") a PM asking about the plug-in he used, whether he still has it, where he got it, can you pretty-please get a copy, yada-yada. :drool:

i've got a LeadTek GeForce2 Ultra in another computer w/ MBM5 running. did that have a monitoring chip? if so, maybe it'll be more incentive for me to dig around . . . :nod:

if you look at how the ATI temps were brought in by Soundx98 and displayed, it's not MBM5 reading the GPU temps directly. it's actually ATITool reading the temps and forwarding these to MBM's Sensor 5 & 6 (? IIRC). that's why ATITool needs to be running in order for the GPU temps to display (this is my conclusion. i haven't tried it "off" and i'm not at home to tinker)

similarly, for an nVidia GPU, you'll either need a program that can read the GPU temps set to forward these (possibly some arcane RivaTuner setting?) to an unused MBM sensor (I think 5 & 6 should be free for you!), or use a plug-in that will read the GPU and allow MBM to see the temps "stand-alone".

if MBM isn't reading the GPU sensor, and you're not running anything to read/forward, i doubt looking at each sensor will give you much to look at except a bunch of 0's . . .

Dang Drewski - That is exactly what I was trying to say :) Perfect!

Well actually not only does the Video Card monitoring program (ATITool - Expert Tool - Smart Doctor - NV whatever) have to be ON, but it has to start AFTER MBM5.

Otherwise you'll get anything from NO temperatures to NEGATIVE temps.

Same reason the sensors in MBM have to be changed to "Custom" so the sensors can see what readings are displayed in the VCard tool. And of course you need to have the sensor displayed in the dashboard or you won't know if you ARE getting a reading.

ATItool isn't even giving you the option to view temps.

Rivatuner is showing GPU temps 10c higher than Everest.

We need a programmer :D

ATITool -> Settings -> Temperature monitoring ;)

of course, won't help you w/ your GeForce (hint: get new GPU!!! :nod: )

There was a Plugin and Guide over on the MBM5 Forums for reading temps on Nvidia cards(if i remember right). Shame it aint there anymore :(

Was a really good guide to reading the Temp Probes with Thermaltake Smartfans too.