The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been trying to find a way to import them from RivaTuner (great prog) but not having much luck at all.

If you want to log the temps for video card remember to "check" it off in GPU and GPU ENV.

GPU-temp-log.JPG

soundx98, got my fingers cross for you!!!

nVidia GPU temps readouts - oh trust me bro it is definately a can do.

Just don't know ifin I be having the smarts or resources to pull it off :)

I mean I am workin with a GF3Ti200 to test.

Between answering PMs/emails and postin' stupid sheet on forums and a 12 hour a day job I just ain't got it together for ya yet.

- But -

On-Screen MBM5 Display with Hot Key!

bunch of you don't seem to like the standard dashboard appearance but still don't want to have all the stuff displayed in taskbar either. (Fussy sums of biatches)

so lets be checkin out the On Screen Display with Hot Key (Cntrl+Alt+M)

MBM5-OSD.JPG

course we need to configure it so lookin" at da OSD settings. I changed the fonts and colors to me likin' and have it set to display for 8 secs instead of default 3.

OSD-settings.JPG

and then finger out what we need/want to add to the OSD script settings

OSD-Script.JPG

so here's a screenie of the script settings you can copy into there

OSD-text.JPG

Or you can cut and paste the text file from here - http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//OSD-script-text.txt

left off the fans, but I'm pretty sure dedicated MBM5 junkies can add them if they wanted to.

Oughta keep you busy while I'm tryin' for NV temps.

Almost forgot, a highly "deranged" friend of RGone's and I sent me a desktop I really really really like. Based on a "Mercedes" theme. KNow you'll like it too :nod:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//untitled.bmp

Both hands on the desktop please.

in answer to the emails and PMs since my last post.

No I still haven't found them for Nvidia cards. Had the sleep and work deal goin' :)

But maybe YOU can.

If you are reading your NV card temps they are probably being reported in Everest as well. Here's a screen of Everest (V3.00) sensor readings. Stiil reports "motherboard" instead of calling it PWMIC. SOme earlier versions have CPU and Motherboard/PWMIC versions swapped as well. Your readings may be slightly different than MBM5 as well but it's interpreted by software so don't be freakin' out over it. Point being it's reporting them so they are somewhere.

EverestSensors.JPG

ATI Tool lets you specify which MBM sensor to send them to, so I have then pointing at Senors 5 & 6 for GPU. Nvidia cards may not be that easy. You'll need to set whichever sensor/s to "custom" for MBM5 to read them.

tempsettings.JPG

Not sure which one it would be, you'll need to try and find it. ANd of course either have MBM open so it displays somewhere. and you can check with MBM5 Sys Info to see if it sees it.

MBMSysInfo.JPG

I wish I could explain it more clearly, but it's like impossible without an NV PCI-e card. Somebody will figure it out sooner or later I am sure.

Bug me if you think I can help. If you find out how you'll make a lot of folks happy.

GL

Dr. Crazy Carl Nerdlinger, Esq. :nod:

that's the Official 1.51 version.

As I said (tapping foot). My screenshot was with Beta version 3.0

Here's a screen of Everest (V3.00) sensor readings. Stiil reports "motherboard" instead of calling it PWMIC. SOme earlier versions have CPU and Motherboard/PWMIC versions swapped as well. Your readings may be slightly different than MBM5 as well but it's interpreted by software so don't be freakin' out over it.

:nod:

latest beta version is here http://www.lavalys.hu/pre/everesthome/ever..._build_0316.zip

still labels PWMIC as Motherboard

and Chipset as Northbridge.

Give it a whirl and let me know. Counting on some help from FlyBye & Chennhui :)