The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in the middle of modding out my CM Stacker and new Asetek Waterchill system, using a DFI nf3 250gb LP-UT, X800XT-PE o'cd, and Mobile 754 Newark 4000.

i'm only about two thirds of the way done, but i have already made several mods. oh, and i avoided buying the blue tinted uv reactive side panel. i had a bad experience with another case that had that tinted blue colour and this is why i knew not to buy it. instead i modded out my stock side panel.

here's a sneak peak of a c00l mod i did with some Yellow EL Wire and my one little uv ccfl

<<>>

Picture_9.jpg

i'll get better pix later with my digi cam. :)

<<>>

Picture_8.jpg

i have a thread going about my new system and there are some more pix there, but this system isn't finished yet, so i'll just post these two pix.

TGM

oh, and i avoided buying the blue tinted uv reactive side panel. i had a bad experience with another case that had that tinted blue colour and this is why i knew not to buy it. instead i modded out my stock side panel.

here's a sneak peak of a c00l mod i did with some Yellow EL Wire and my one little uv ccfl

<<>>

Try increasing the ilumination before taking pictures with the web camera, that can increase the quality a lot.

I had the same problem with my side panel, where the window is UV reactive and will glow with the UV lights. I managed to lower this effect by using a screen to deflect the UV light away from the window with out hurting the view too much, but i agree Coolermaster messed things up with this type of acrylic window.

I know but it will be much more fun to make one myself.. :nod:

Not only fun but also better... the one provided by CM is purple tinted acrylic, which is UV reactive... so its bad when you have UV ligths inside as it makes the window turn on as a regular UV Reactive thing.

Looks good TGM.. I like that under-the-mobo-glow you got going on.. !!

When I get some time I think im going to make a custon side window for my Stacker..

thanx :)

well, Here's a dremel mod i did to have an unobstructed view onto the case. later i will cut out the mounting points for the mesh and epoxy on to the backside a clear acrylic window.

Picture_7.jpg

TGM