nF4 BIOS List (check non-critical sticky)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Currently I am having problems and I think it is something to do with Bios. I have post my problems at Xtremesystem.org because some members over there also having the same issues with me. One of the member told me that my issue is due to long time running 5v and causing stress to mosfet. Ok below are my issues.

I was running 310(official) before and it is rock stable. I also tried 331-1, 331-2 and 331-3. I found that 331-1 is the best for me coz I can overclock the mobo to 453Mhz (HTT) and I can use all the multiplier and memory divider in Bios. After few weeks, I flashed my 331-1 to 414-2 and the problems occured. I could not boot up my comp and it keeps beep---beep---. Sounds like a RAM problem. When I replace my TwinMos SP with Corsair Value at slot 2 (orange slot), my comp managed to boot up and I immediately flash it back to 310(official). After that, my comp worked find and could run all benchmanrks and application and games. After a few days, I decided to flash it to 331-1 because I can overclock higher. It worked fine.

All the niggtmare come 3 days ago. I saw there were new beta Bios and they were 509 series. I downloaded from the link provided from Xtremesystem.org. I downloaded 509-2 because it is best for UTT and BH -5 which it suit my TwinMos SP UTT. I flashed my bios from 331-1 to 509-2. Everyting was ok and after I did some tweaking here and there, I managed to oc my mobo to 450MHz but I could not push further. Thus, I reflashed my bios back to 331-1 (whick can oc to 453Mhz). After reflashing back to 331-1, my comp could boot and after I do some tweaking in Bios for overclock and saved it. The problems occured when I unplug the power core and when I replug the power core, my comp could not boot and keep beep--beep---. I though it is just a minor issue because I had encountered this problems before and I could manage it as what I did last time. So I leave one stick of my TMSP in slot 2 (orange slot) and boot into CMOS. After some tweaking, I saved the changes in CMOS and the comp restart and load into windows. After that I shut down my comp and unplug the power core because I wanted to put in my second stick of my TMSP

OK. Everyting is set and good to go. When I power up my comp, it could not boot and it keep beep---beep----. What on earth is this? In order to eliminate the issue of faulty RAM, I do whatever necessary and replacing the second stick at second slot (orange slot). With one stick, my comp could boot and load into windows. It could run all benchmarks and games. That's strange, RAM is not the issue so what could it be.

My next step is to check the PSU. I think my PSU is ok because my 5 casing fans worked find. And I also saw that the diagnistic led at the RAM and sequencing booting up led were working find, too.

So I think my issues could be due to Bios. Thus, I reflashed my Bios from 331-1 to 310 (Official). The same problems as above occured and it is worst becoz sometimes during boot up screen by using one stick of my RAM, it stated 'checksum error.....default load'. So, I reflashed it back to 310(official) just to make sure nothing goes wrong during flashing. Yes. everting went find but my comp just refused to boot with two sticks of RAM. I tried 310(official), 331-1, 331-2, 331-3 and 509-2. But all the same problems occured. My comp just refused to boot with two sticks of my TWSP (Dual Channel kit). My comp could boot with one stick only with any of the Bios above.

I found out that pluging and unpluging power core is the key issues here. As long as I did not overclock my comp it could boot with two sticks of RAM regarless of plug in or unpluging the power core. But when I make changes in the Genie Bios and let the comp restart, it could boot and load into windows but not stable. If I shut down the window with my oc tweaking saved in Genie Bios and unplug the power core, my comp could not boot up when I plug in the power core with two sticks of RAM.

But when I just leave my comp and wait until the next morning, my comp could boot and load into windows with all the overclocking saved in Genie Bios and with two sticks of RAM. But the comp would hang. And after I restart it, it could not boot up at all.

Can anybody help or guide me on this. Sorry for my bad english. Currently, I am running with one stick of RAM.

My Sig

----------------------

(3 days ago)

Winnie 3000+ @ 2340Mhz @ 1.52v

TwinMos SP UTT 256mb x 2 (PC 3200) @ 260Mhz @ 2-2-2-2 @ 3.6vdimm

DFI NF4 Ultra - D (Bios 331-1-Oscar Wu )

Gigabyte 6600GT 500/1000

IDE HItachi 80gb 7200rpm 2mb

LG 16X DVD ROM

Gigabyte 52X CD ROM

Panasonic Floppy

icute 420watt PSU

Currently

Winnie 3000+@2340Mhz @ 1.52v

TwinMos SP 256mb x 1 @ 260Mhz @ 2-2-2-2 @ 3.6vdimm

DFI NF4 Ultra-D (509-2 beta)

The rest of the sig are same as above.

Newbie question... I've searched (a lot), but still need clarification:

I've downloaded the ISO CD image from http://indabasement.com/DFINF4/bios/DFI_BIOSROM.rar, and am ready to start trying out different BIOSes, but before I do can somebody confirm the naming convention for the BIOS image files?

I assume that the xxx-x at the end of the filename is month/day-version, but the filename prefixes are confusing me (NF4LD, N4D, NF4, HFD). Are they for different boards, or can I safely use any of these on my UT nf4 Ultra-D?

Newbie question... I've searched (a lot), but still need clarification:

I've downloaded the ISO CD image from http://indabasement.com/DFINF4/bios/DFI_BIOSROM.rar, and am ready to start trying out different BIOSes, but before I do can somebody confirm the naming convention for the BIOS image files?

I assume that the xxx-x at the end of the filename is month/day-version, but the filename prefixes are confusing me (NF4LD, N4D, NF4, HFD). Are they for different boards, or can I safely use any of these on my UT nf4 Ultra-D?

They arent for different boards.. That cd was made for only DFI NF4 mobo's and they all use the same bios..

Im pretty sure all the NF4LD,N4D and NF4 ones are the same just with different names.. and the HFD is prolly the Hellfire modded one..

Dont worry they are all for NF4 series..