Windows XP 64 bit

Guest sealion

I installed x64 final build 3790. Everything seems to be running ok. Some programs dont work anymore like smartguardian. It loads some games super fast and some games just like how it was in 32bit mode.

Stress test CS:S 130 fps (high with no AA)

doom time1 demo: 90fps (medium)

havent ran 3dmark yet and dont plan to

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed X64 final last night only issues were: DO NOT enable RAID 5 support in the bios as it is not supported under win64(and will make it not load the driver), No printer driver, No scanner Driver and No webcam Driver very much reminds me of the early days of Win2K :) All needed board drivers were on the DFI install disk. Seems faster to me... Raid 0 worked fine on the Sil controller

As long as I can run my games, surf the internet and use MS Office, I would give it a shot. I am using IDE so I don't think I would have HD issues. I may give that a shot just to see how it runs. I have a spare HD I can test it on... anyone have the link to the RC site or can it be readily found on the MS site?

I tried rtm on a dual boot, on a funny note, doom3 benches 83 fps instead of 80fps at 1024 high (66.93 on 32, 66.96 on x64), and got some less .4s in superpimod, 1M test (all is stock).

3dmark 03 is slightly slower with 10200 vs 11000.

I'm yet to try 64bit firefox builds or more games. As I almost only use that rig to play IL2+AEP+PF, I almost don't use it since saitek didn't come out with x45 x64 drivers yet.

For other drivers, audigy 2 05/04/01 seem to work well (only extras other than joystick, nvidia nf3 and gf).

I used the 64bit Cat drivers and they work fine for me. Got x64 on the second partion of an IDE drive. No difference in RAID array speeds. Think it's the latest version RC2.

Ripping DVDs seems much faster and still amazed at speed when having tons of stuff open at once compared to 32bit. Still checkin programs for glitches but I like it.

SmartGuardian doesn't work for me. You can try MBM5 (NF4 or NF3) http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...98&page=1&pp=15

ive installed SuSe Linux 9.2 x86_64 and from what I can tell...its pretty damn fast...but then Linux is faster than Windows anyway...i just downloaded the 1433RC Win64 iso last night and will be putting it on the Ultra-D when I am done benching it (trying to find the RAID 64-bit drivers but they should be there...)

i have all the necessary 64-bit drivers

you can find some here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...534&postcount=8

Hey Angry, Just a question did you install SuSe on a NVRAID?. I have tried Fedora (both stable and test core) and it does not see my RAID, Ethernet, or even my IDE DVDRom. I just wanted to know before I download yet another Linux distro, burn it and only to find that it wont work on my setup...

If you could either reply here or PM me with any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx