Cooling help please

Guest zeke_merged

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thats what i thought. so yea well its put on very tightly. so im guessing this is as cool as it is goin to get. well thx for the help all.

Well, if you want to be sure your temps are as low as possible you need to remove that heatsink/fan and reapply the Artic Silver compound. You stated in an earlier post that you smeared it on 3/4 of the cpu...which is way too much. Too much will cause your cpu to actually run hot. You only need a small drop. That guide I posted tells you everything.

DS

o nonono, i said 3/4 the size of a piece of rice. im not very good at english so please forgive my confusing talk. 3/4 the size of a piece of rice is extremly small.

is it grain isntead of peice? not sure well either works. im out ... im too tired to care right now. :drool:

if you're using AS5, a blob 3/4 the size of a grain of rice is waaaay too much. this one of the those things that is very very hard to explain, especially with a integrated heatspreader. on a cpu die (the square metal thing in the middle), there's usually words or something imprinted on the die. when I apply AS5, I'm still able to read the words on the die but, there is a noticeable amount on it. lol, told you it was hard to explain. this is one of the cases where less is more in fact really does apply.

Oh for goodness sakes, Straight from the AS5 WEBSITE:

On an Athlon64 type CPU with a large metal heat spreader, put a small amount of Arctic Silver onto the center of the heat spreader as shown in the photo.

Only a small amount of Arctic Silver is needed

About the size of one and a half uncooked grains of short-grain white rice or 3/4 of a BB.

cupz is right, 1.5 the size of an uncooked grain of rice on the middle of the heat spreader of the cpu. If you only put 3/4 of a grain, then there is not enough and will cause the high temp.

Now if u have not read, i posted that i have NOT flashed my bios. and there is only one other upgrade from DFI's site. And no i have no "physically felt" the cpu. but when ur pc shuts down because it reads in the 60's (degrees celcius) i kinda dont like that. i put 3/4 of rize size on the cpu.(of the coolent that is).

o nonono, i said 3/4 the size of a piece of rice. im not very good at english so please forgive my confusing talk. 3/4 the size of a piece of rice is extremly small.

Ok, the first one has to be read more than once to realize that "rize" is actually "rice", and not a double type/mistype of "size". The second post is understandable, but contradicts the first unless you go back and really re-read it. So, zeke we have not been changing our minds. You have been given good accurate information throughout this whole thread. I hopee it all works out for you.

DS