Cooling help please

Guest zeke_merged

Zeke: Did you redo your heatsink like reccomended earlier? The link to the guide I posted will fix you up. I suspect that the overapplication of AS5 is definitely not helping your heat problems.

As far as flashing your Bios. Are you using the Winflash program that came on the motherboard cd? It works through windows and you don't need any disks.

Case issue: a case cover off will actually make your system temperature higher. The cases are designed for airflow in mind, a side missing interferes with that. Although it doesn't make a huge difference. My system runs 3 degress hotter with my side panel removed.

Zeke, your best bet it to redo that heatsink.....

DS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if u have not read, i posted that i have NOT flashed my bios.
Could you please tell me where it says that you did not flash your bios in your original post. I read it three times, maybe it is me.

CPUZ:

LOL. I thought the same thing at first, that why I brought up the Bios question. After the defensive sounding (to me) response, I reread the post about 5 times and this is what I came up with. Man, you have to read between the lines, because it doesn't clearly state that the Bios has not been flashed. Of course the lack of a sig made it more challenging to troubleshoot. Anyways, If you will read the first line of the original post it says "Well, I have done nothing". Translated, this actually means that nothing has been done to alter the system. Well, that's the only thing I can figure anyways.

DS

CPUZ:

LOL. I thought the same thing at first, that why I brought up the Bios question. After the defensive sounding (to me) response, I reread the post about 5 times and this is what I came up with. Man, you have to read between the lines, because it doesn't clearly state that the Bios has not been flashed. Of course the lack of a sig made it more challenging to troubleshoot. Anyways, If you will read the first line of the original post it says "Well, I have done nothing". Translated, this actually means that nothing has been done to alter the system. Well, that's the only thing I can figure anyways.

DS

Yeah, afterwards, I thought about that. But come on, does it hurt to answer a question! :nod:

Could you please tell me where it says that you did not flash your bios in your original post. I read it three times, maybe it is me.

im truely sorry but im very stressed about this. i cannot run half the stuff i want to.

and i dont knwo if this info help but it my system specs it says that i have 1.81 mhz. sayin it is overclocked a little. but where i do not know. and i did not mention it. i have posted on many sites about this problem so i get confused on posts..

so once again im sorry for being rude.

Most likely a BIOS update will cure your problem.

From my experience, the original bios falsely gives high temps. The Lanparty has an auto shutoff function based on its CPU temp readings . Now if the bios falsely reads high temps like 65C+ the board will auto shutoff you computer even though your CPU isn't really that hot.

Chances are that when you update your BIOS, the temp readings will be correct 35C-45C and this means it will not shutoff anymore because it would never reach 65C.

Did you ever re-apply the A5 and install the HS?

DS

no i havent, school plus tax returns has my pc being used up. i m how ever about to flash m bios.

alright this isnt working. ive tried to flash the bios twice now. as im doin it, it says that file wasnt found, and then tells me to remove the floppy redl the bios and try again. do help -.-

Zeke:

You are going to have to redo that heatsink and update your bios before we can go any further. ;) Read THIS thread about using Winflash to flash your Bios. After that, follow that guide I posted in an earlier message and redo your heatsink as soon as possible. I think those two things will solve your problem.

DS

Take note of your BIOS file. In my case I used Oskar's 10/15 BIOS and the filename is n32lda15.bin

Now edit the autoexec.bat file in your floppy disk that aflash created and make sure that your bios filename in the autoexec file is the same one as the bios your using.