In the beginning, DFI created SLI...

Thats good to know, the new changes look like a modders dream! :angel:

I'm stuck with the 6800-u SLI setup until the end of this year. Then I'll be going dual core AMD with some ATI AMR goodness! :drool: :drool: Yep, that means more buisness for VJ!! :nod:

I saw some rumored specs for the ATI R520, they are talkin' 24 pipes with 1.8ghz mem!! The pipes sound about right but the mem seems to far off IMHO.

Well the 24 pipes is correct but they are a mile off on the memory. Samsungs

fastest DDR3 chip was 1.20ns (800Mhz) and that was dropped from the datasheet

6/4/04. It never was on the availability list.

Hynix is still showing a 1.2ns DDR3 chip still but I do not think they have ever had

availability either. Using a chip that fast would drive the per part cost up a ton as

there is one hell of a premium for top rated, low yield parts.

More than likely they will go to 512Mb and widen the address bus. Time will tell as

they say.

Viper

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a pic w/ the cards/blocks installed...

PS: I'm planning on a modified "wind tunnel" approach...direct to the chipset/chipset fan.

OH... and did i mention without those two ultra fans whirling away, my machine is now MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter!!!! WOOT WOOT!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on my DFI SLI-DR...

...cry myself to sleep almost every night. :(

I've been told 16th March but I'll only believe it when it's in my hands. I try not to visit here anymore, hurts too much.

Hi,

When I start my board it gives one little beep. I checked the manual but I haven't found anything about beeps.

Can someone give me a link or maybe tell me what the beep means ?

Thx

• 3 months later...

can anyone help me im having serious trouble with my board i got bsod at default settings, no i got it to prime for 4 hours at default settings (just entered manually ram config), im still having troubles now i cant oc even 5% on the cpu.

my board revision seems weird is a r.aa0

i flashed to 510-3 bios booted and i got bsod at the begining again something to do with drivers, i flashed with win flash, all setting at default it flashed ok, booted and bsod, now i've felt the board clearing cmos all night ong with out ac plug, battery and jumper on clear cmos, i've tryed 2 cpus, 3 pairs of ram, 3 vgas, 2 psus and the higher oc i got was 2500mhz but unstable and with more volts on cpu than what normally it should take

• 4 months later...

my cards make contact with the outer housing of the chipset fan, but not the fan itself, so again it is incorrect

if your card makes contact with the fan itself, you have installed incorrectly, or you have an incorrectly installed chipset fan (and you should rma the board and have it corrected, or follow the chipset cleaning thread stuck to the top of this section)

my cards make contact with the outer housing of the chipset fan, but not the fan itself, so again it is incorrect

if your card makes contact with the fan itself, you have installed incorrectly, or you have an incorrectly installed chipset fan (and you should rma the board and have it corrected, or follow the chipset cleaning thread stuck to the top of this section)

Slow down a wee bit AG. 99% of the time when the vid card hits the on the chipset fan the issue is with the case...specifically the standoffs between the case mounting tray and the motherboard.

If the MB's installed height is low due to short standoffs or case tolerance stackups when the Vid card is inserted it's mounting bracket lands on the hold down screw shelf before the card is completely inserted in the slot.

When that happens the card will slope ever so slightly down hill when fully seated in the slot and then it's contacts the chipset fans trim ring.

Viper