uwackme's bh-5 burn-in

cheezies

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of thanks to Uwackme Burn-in! I am running 2x256 DDR400(2.5-3-3-8) A-DATA ram using A-DATA chips!

I was able to run @ 251Mhz (MemTest 86) error free, but could only run @ 247Mhz (S&M, Testmem) error free. Now i just tried after only 20hrs of Uwackme Burn-in, and i can run 250Mhz (S&M, Testmem) error free, and 254Mhz (MemTest86) error free!!!!!!

All tests are: (as in bios)

8-3-2-2-2.0, (alpha: 0-0-3-3-0-0-3) @ 3.3Vdimm

ok uwackme i dont get it

my 2nd set of KHX3200/256*2 ...which are A.02 ASSY IN CHINA

DOES 250 2-2-2-11 3.3VDIMM 5 HOURS 0 ERRORS

but when i try 255 it goes 200+errors in just 2n-3rd pass

ideas ?

When you hit a wall its from something being just on the hairy edge of working ok, one Mhz more and errors shoot through the roof. Here is where you need to very patiently tweak settings one at a time.

Scientific method becomes critical here. Pick a setting, run over a range +/- from your current point. Observe the effect. Move on. See if anything you can change can move you further up.

If nothing you do can change the point where you've hit this wall.... you are done. At some point no amount of burnin, and no amount of tweaking seetings will get you any further. At this point you will have reached your max FSB likely to be achieved with the range of settings you have at your disposal.

That maximum FSB point really should yeild a sudden spike in errors at 1 Mhz more.

But you've gotten there quickly rather than after a year or more of using the system.