LAN dropout cure....non-heat related*

took me a while to find this thread,

couldn't find in search with audio probs, audio prob, finally found with audio problem

heh, next time though :D, i got audio probs in this thread now

i will test soon

and hopefully i bumped this again

ps. might even get 255X10 now, (unlikely)

from 250X10

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by AndyA

i followed the steps and changed them settings and my NVSystem utility shows 32degrees on my system temp but im still getting lan dropouts. its only for a second i play counter-strike and ill get about 15 second lag spikes about every 15 minutes. its not my connection cause i got another computer tried switching cables still does it tried going strait to modem that didnt work either.

just for the hell of it even though my temps arent reading high i just bought some epoxy and im going to put a hs/fan on my nb chip.

anymore ideas?

i am overclocked but slightly to 2.0 ghz

-Snoop

You would'nt happen to be running zone alarm 5 would you?

I have read in another lan dropout fourm that it was caused by zap5...

Okay, ive been experiencing lan drop outs since the day i got this board and i tried the fix

but damn something messed up :( im running a ide raid 0 and boot from that raid 0

now i get into the winx loading screen and that bleu bar keeps rolling and rlling and my login screen never comes :( no sign of lockup or anything but im afraid he cant find my raid or something

safe mode same story , wont get into login screen

any possible way for me to get into that windows install and undo the change i did ? i have a backup windows on another normal ide disk but i dont feel like a format

help :(

:confused:

update i was just able to boot into safe mode with dos promt but hell im no linux dude so i dont know how i can go back using this dos menu

update 2 : ow dear after getting into safe mode all seems well now after a third reboot, guess i panicked to soon , hope this helps other people relax when they have the same symptens, im now running advanced thingy where it used to be unified

Originally posted by Pesticide

well to bad but today i booted and 30 minutes later the same drop outs as before

gonna try to boost the voltages a bit

You should make a sig with your system specs and oc.. this way maybe some can make suggestions on what might help..

I may just be retarded, but there are two settings with the letters A*C*P*I in bios. What would be the proper setting for each of them. I have not yet installed windows on my infinity rig. I need to hit f5 when installing and chose pc instead of uniprocessor? Any help appreciated.

under conrol panel

system

harware tab in xp

Device Manager >- Computer >- Expand >- ACPI Uniprocessor PC >- Right Click >- Update Driver >- Install from List... >- Dont search Let me Choose >- Choose Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC

• 2 weeks later...

i tried this with the newest offical bios, the semptron one, but with no luck

audio would still drop out

its not a temp prob

and it works with 1/21

im gonna try re-installing windows with the F5 stuff

wish me luck