LAN dropout cure....non-heat related*

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you check out the first page in this thread it says changing from what you have ( ACPI UNIPROCESSORS PC) to....

Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC

Will possibly help you.. ;)

Yes my pc has been great since the change.. I was also loosing sound and this has fixed it for me.. I currently have a pci nic in which I just left in anyways.. But I was getting lan drop with the pci card also.. Now I havent had ONE soundlan drop since ..

lol.. see man.. patience.. ;)

I used to be impatient when oc'n sometimes and especially when something goes wrong you kinda panic.. Its not worth it.. cuz usually you panic for no reason and end up fixing it anyways..

After having intermittant lan drops, sound drops, shakey mouse behavior at high FSB for over 6 months, I haven't had problem one with those issues for almost 2 mo. since making he change.

I took a little hit in benchmarks, but have been able to clock a little higher to compensate, and I've been a whole hale of a lot more stable, so I don't really care. The trade off has been/is acceptable for me!

Sure beats the heck out of beating my head against the wall messing with trying to figure out WTF is going on, and I can get on with doing other things.

My board has been solid as a rock for the past two months and I be a happy camper :nod:

If this issue has you all tore up, this fix is sure worth a try.

Good Luck!

Prior to the fix, i could probley get about ten minutes of net browsing then a crash, 5 minutes of music then a glitch and a crash, 20 minutes of online gaming and then either a crash or kicked off because of lan probs. My mouse would freak out all over the desktop, my keyboard would only work every other time i booted up...i wanted to die.

I can happily report that all of my lan dropouts, crash's, freezing, sound problems are cured, thanks to this fix (at least so far, i dont want to cross all of my fingers).

Ive been running hot for two days, thru testing and games, surfing the net and listening to music, all without any problems.

I highly recomend this fix for anyone with the above problems. A huge thanks to whomever discovered this.:D

i followed the steps and changed them settings and my NVSystem utility shows 32degrees on my system temp but im still getting lan dropouts. its only for a second i play counter-strike and ill get about 15 second lag spikes about every 15 minutes. its not my connection cause i got another computer tried switching cables still does it tried going strait to modem that didnt work either.

just for the hell of it even though my temps arent reading high i just bought some epoxy and im going to put a hs/fan on my nb chip.

anymore ideas?

i am overclocked but slightly to 2.0 ghz

-Snoop