New nvidia drivers better than Mwarehead?

I've heard that the new nvidia drivers on there site the 4.27's or whatever they are, were actually very good. That people were upgrading to them and they could use the SW driver.

Are these any good, I'm running the Mwarehead 3.31 rebirth remix drivers as those are his latest (I think).

So are these new ones any good? Any more 3dmark points?

- Winston

I just got my mobo a few days ago... I did load the new nvidia drivers (the multilang one, as the english one is actually an older version)... but did not allow it to load the IDE Driver.

Right now I am running and happy... at least 1 full DVD burn, and about 10 successful CD-R burns so far... It ain't broke, so no sense trying to fix it! ;)

Originally posted by elts_drac

Dunno..the standard windows IDE driver works great and you aren't going to gain anything so why use anything else?

Have to go with Elts_Drac with that. THE MS IDE drivers work great. About the only

time you need to go with nVidia IDE drivers is if you a have a CdRom or burner that

Windows keeps dropping to PIO mode because of timing errors with the MS driver.

That is the ONLY reason I went with the nVidia IDE driver.

Viper

Yes, using the MS IDE drivers are like being on the safe side :D

However the latest nVidia drivers 4.26 allow just right on installing selection of WITCH drivers you want to install. Since I don't want mess my DVDs with nVidia IDE drivers, AND have my lan and sound storm disabled, I just installed the rest. Like the rebirth-remix drivers. Seems nVidia learning well ;)