Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Freaky as all hell.

In the fooling around with the Corsair XMS3202 v1.1 BH6 sticks, I pulled them, put my BH5 back in and restarted.....

Works perfectly....and no dropouts.

The only way in HELL that can happen is if the SPD rom on the Corsair is telling the system something that the SPD rom on the Kingston isn't!!!!

Ive always pondered HOW there can be much of a difference between DIMMs of BH5, OCZ/Corsair/Mushkin/Kingston since they all use the same chips, and they al speedbin the same, its really not a matter of hand selection, etc. Ahhhhh but the SPD rom...hmm.

Anyone know of a program that can read the full contents of the SPD rom? CPUZ reads a bit, but not the full content, Ive read both reports from CPUZ and nothing sticks out as relavent.

nyway, played FarCry for hours with NO dropouts on my BH5 after the swap. No doubt the second I save a change to the bios again, it will revert back and be dropping at hightemp/highfsb.

yes it is KHX3000 BH5....D328DW-45 dated 0304.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is really important for all us Kingston users, they left something OUT of the SPD, and the bios default for whatever it is the Corsair/Mushkin/etc tell the bios/motherboard is really important to getting the MAX out of our rams.

Anyone know a SPD reading program....the full rom?

Originally posted by Hellfire

Hey Tictac, do you think you can help me?

I figured that the award bios does not take into account isa roms any more, so therefore I wasn't able to apply the patch, can I just inject the code before the epa procedure just like what you did to turn cpc off on the nf7? When I tried it, it booted correctly but the register in WPCREDIT still has not changed. Can you take a look at the code for me?

i only tested isa rom on nf7 board...

not sure about dfi bios ;)

Guest rcillig

I tried the LP version and

Maybe im dinig something wrong but when I flash to your bios then I cant boot at my regular settings, or my saved configuration.. I can only boot at optiminal settings... I get a page error with my saved settings.... I get this same problem with the 6-19-04 bios also.

I used winflash to flash, can someone tell me how to resolve this, maybe winflash is the problem ?

Originally posted by rcillig

I tried the LP version and

Maybe im dinig something wrong but when I flash to your bios then I cant boot at my regular settings, or my saved configuration.. I can only boot at optiminal settings... I get a page error with my saved settings.... I get this same problem with the 6-19-04 bios also.

I used winflash to flash, can someone tell me how to resolve this, maybe winflash is the problem ?

It is not recommended to use saved CMOS Reloaded settings from other than your current bios.

Originally posted by mrlobber

It is not recommended to use saved CMOS Reloaded settings from other than your current bios.

Whats the best way to blow away old "Reloaded" profiles? Use the backup command to force a copy of your current setup? Thanks.

Jnuw

thanxs for the info SAE,

Just typing this now using the latest release of hellfire bios, and ive been blazing some dark beats off bassdrive for abt 3 minutes now, which is the longest ever on a 6/19 bios

:)

I know their isnt meant to be a patch implemted on this bios but so far the LAN is holding up, but for how long time will tell.

mong

Guest Hellfire

Are you guys telling me this patch isnt't need anymore, o wellz. :shake: :shake: :shake:

Hell im still alive and kicking

:):):):):)

I dont kow what u have done but this is the first time ever on a 6/19 bios im going strong. I hope it continues. Did u get round to figuring out what was wrong, well what u thought was wrong ;).

I dont want to get tooo optimistic, ive been there be4, but lets say things are looking good, music is streaming through nicely

www.bassdrive.com baby

:D

Oh yeah also noticed how fast the thing boot up, well nice, will be giving this bios the runover, providing the LAN continues as it is...