Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

i made one out of the shippinbg box the stuff it came in b4, lol

nice rack, lmao

TGM

Haha, I've seen several cardboard box mods before. Having it out on the desk has really given me the chance to get to know the computer. Like specifically what's making noise. My six-year old HDD is making a wailing noise and the fan on the video card is basically the loudest fan on my system. The fan I have on my HDDs is the runner up, but it's not that bad and only temporary until I get my case built, which will be as soon as I have time to work on it.

dejev, how did you put the PCI cards in the machine with it on the flat desk like that? I would think the tabs on the back of the cards would make it impossible.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rig, n1ce_hat!

I like the way you did the lighting.

thanks.. :)

my old rig was STUFFED with 80mm led fans, and i grew tired of having a lantern beside me when i nerded it out at night..

actually, i have two blue cold cathodes in my case right now but i only use one of them because 1) its way too bright & 2) they do get pretty hot..

some more pics of my machine

i ordered my Plextor SATA DVD-Burner like a LONG time ago on ebay, and it should be here sometime this week.. so less IDE cables in my case very shortly, and once i get my raptor (about a month) i'll be IDE-less.. thank god.. i bent a pin on my 160GB WD IDE last nite and i wanted to stab the inventor of PATA in the face. [i kid, i kid..]

IMG_2680b.th.jpg

Custom 80mm fan grill, the Heartagram from the band HIM is on my power supply's exhaust fan.. I have a huge stock of these if anyone needs (custom made)..

IMG_2670b.th.jpg

CM Stacker 830 side panel

IMG_2668b.th.jpg

The beast..

IMG_2674b.th.jpg

The beast..

IMG_2675b.th.jpg

guts.. i need a tripod.. damn blurryness.. pretend you dont see IDE cables..

So when are you going to WC that badboy?

Looks nice but you gotta hide the cables.

cjoe

Water cooling is on the way! I did a lot of cable-hiding last night, i finally got my SATA Plextor DVD-RW drive (gets ride of an IDE cable..), and once i get another SATA hard drive, i wont have any IDE cables at all, then i'll take another pic and post it.. Right now it looks pretty slick anyway, and i gotta get a cable sleeving kit and make the rest of those plain cables snazzy..

It's coming along real nice. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the "after" pictures.

Use a tripod or steady those hands.

I was starting to get 60's flashbacks from the blur :D

Can you tell me if those mesh grills are screwed on (vs riveted) in case someone wanted to paint them a different color?

Can you tell me if those mesh grills are screwed on (vs riveted) in case someone wanted to paint them a different color?

img2716b2rr.th.jpg

Here's a picture of the inside of my side panel. It wouldn't be very hard at all to take off the mesh (just bend the metal back?). Careful not to break the little tabs.:)

Also, the front mesh on the case has 4 screws holding it in. Im not sure how the top one is held in there but i imagine it would follow a similar meathod. Pretty sure it has screws up there.