Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome system UncleDavid :D

Two questions. How did you manage to get the FSB up to 260 without increasing the voltage at all? And also, why are you WCing your chipset?

Thanks!

I'm really not sure about that first question.

I got a chip that will go to 2.6GHz on stock voltage, but no more no matter how high I raise the voltage! Luck, I guess :)

And the chipset is watercooled because...

Well there isn't any reason, really. :P

The Evercool VC-RE could do the same job for cheaper, and being watercooled won't raise my overclocks...

So I'm not sure about my reasoning behind it!

I guess it's watercooled just to be watercooled

newest build 08/29/06

nekon_v1000b_1.jpg

nekon_v1000b_2.jpg

nekon_v1000b_3.jpg

nekon_v1000b_4.jpg

nekon_v1000b_5.jpg

nekon_v1000b_6.jpg

nekon_v1000b_7.jpg

nekon_v1000b_8.jpg

nekon_v1000b_9.jpg

nekon_v1000b_10.jpg

DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo

2GB (2x1GB) Mushkin Redline XP4000

eVGA 7900GT KO N584 256MB PCIe 16x

2x WD Raptor 150GB 10,000RPM SATA150 RAID0

Samsung 18X DVD+/-/RAM SH-S182D

Silverstone SST-ST60F 600W

Lian Li PC-V1000B Plus II

Right now it's an air setup but I plan on going water as well as SLi eventually.. I was really surprised how little room this case actually had.. I'm really going to be scratching my head when it comes to adding water to this system later on. The Jing Ting chipset cooler is amazing and I have positioned properly to add that second card later.. chipsets at 48c under almost all circumstances. The case is quiet and keeps things cool, I really enjoyed this build.

One day I'll put the missing fan filter on. :) It's been like 5 months without it.

10000482km.jpg

The insides as it was up until a few hours ago. Now the blocks are dangling and the motherboard tray is sitting on my bedroom floor:

10000190xs5nx.jpg

Bad thing about UFO's, there is zero places to hide the wires.

10000411th.jpg

It looks great!

lol I too was surprised how little room there was in my Lian Li!

lol thanks, so does yours!

You have a v2000! it's all roooooom. Once I got my v1000 I wished I had just gotten the v2000. I put the PC in a new spot and I could have easily fit the 2000.. :( When I get around to water for this thing I think it's gonne be a nightmare.

lol thanks, so does yours!

You have a v2000! it's all roooooom. Once I got my v1000 I wished I had just gotten the v2000. I put the PC in a new spot and I could have easily fit the 2000.. :( When I get around to water for this thing I think it's gonne be a nightmare.

I kinda miss my V1000, I like how compact and smooth it looks. The size of the V2000 almost outweighs how awesome it really is.

But you're right though, I'd never have gotten watercooling in that thing...never had a complaint on room in this beast either.