Built A Pvc Instrument

airman

Not bad but like you said you need practice. My suggestion is make sure you make solid contact with the paddle and pipe so you get the sound out of the pipe rather than the slapping sound of the paddle. Alsa you may have already realized what I just stated lol.

Not bad but like you said you need practice. My suggestion is make sure you make solid contact with the paddle and pipe so you get the sound out of the pipe rather than the slapping sound of the paddle. Alsa you may have already realized what I just stated lol.

it's not as easy as it seems. in this case, it's actually the paddles i am using. the semi-rigid material in it is TOO rigid indeed, and doesn't "fold" as much as it needs to in order to create the best sound it can.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what your saying even though I have never played drums. I never thought of the stiffness of the paddles, but that is a very good point. Keep practicing you will get it soon enuff. :D

i just skimmed through the posts so sorry if im a repeat lol.

I saw them live in chicago and in new york several years ago and i think they were both the best live performances of ANYTHING i have ever seen. i thought the drumbone was pretty cool too. they had these drums and blacklights with this uv reactive paint and were spilling it on the drums and you could watch this paint go 15 ft in the air lol. in the chicago show we got 3rd row seats and got poncho's lol. i got an "autograph" from one of them on one of their cd's and instead of signing it, he kissed it with that blue paint. LOL i think its funny how when you get their autograph they wont say a word....period, at any time at all, even durring their shows. it really was a blast and would definatly recommend everyone go watch them.

the called this one ditsy blond chick up there for part of their show, and she was so ditsy that 2 of the blue men had smiles on their faces and were trying to hold back laughter (they arent supposed to show emotion)....awesome times.

i just skimmed through the posts so sorry if im a repeat lol.

I saw them live in chicago and in new york several years ago and i think they were both the best live performances of ANYTHING i have ever seen. i thought the drumbone was pretty cool too. they had these drums and blacklights with this uv reactive paint and were spilling it on the drums and you could watch this paint go 15 ft in the air lol. in the chicago show we got 3rd row seats and got poncho's lol. i got an "autograph" from one of them on one of their cd's and instead of signing it, he kissed it with that blue paint. LOL i think how its funny how when you get their autograph they wont say a word....period, at any time at all, even durring their shows. it really was a blast and would definatly recommend everyone go watch them.

the called this one ditsy blond chick up there for part of their show, and she was so ditsy that 2 of the blue men had smiles on their faces and were trying to hold back laughter (they arent supposed to show emotion)....awesome times.

yeah, i've seen them live twice. once at the bilo center here several months ago, and in vegas at the venetian last october.

Edited by airman

well guys - got a video up...

i'm practicing...and getting better, i'm not really that happy with this vid. oh well. enjoy :)

Great !

But what if you installed a small rubber on the tube to kill the slap noise of the paddles ?

BTW, you're very good, and better than most of the other videos !!!

Great !

But what if you installed a small rubber on the tube to kill the slap noise of the paddles ?

BTW, you're very good, and better than most of the other videos !!!

thanks! but a rubber? the only time i've referred to a rubber is when talking about safe . practices...hehe

i'm going to try a new idea soon for paddles: same paint-stirrer handle portion but i'm just going to try using some cutouts of the interlocking gymnast pads. it's a rigid foam that's still soft-like.