Merger

Bosco

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on vacation for the past dive days, so I never got to post in this thread until now...

Welcome to OCC!

There are too many new posts for me to catch up on, so I apologize for not posting in any individual introduction threads and instead having to resort to a blanket welcome.

I gotta say, that sig looks pretty slick.

I agree! I see it here and there, and it is very original looking. Having come from a forum that is custom sig-oriented, have not seen anything like it. Great job!

Edited by jaz

I agree! I see it here and there, and it is very original looking. Having come from a forum that is custom sig-oriented, have not seen anything like it. Great job!

Your sig is sweet too! Did you add the gremlin thing to it, or was that really on her shoulder? What's that from?

Your sig is sweet too! Did you add the gremlin thing to it, or was that really on her shoulder? What's that from?

Thanks! We had a discussion about this @ diy forum, and one of our members, Hemidare, knows the artist's name. If i try to say it here, i know i will butcher it...something like Louis Aroyal or something or other. I found the pic on imageshack. I just entered "female warrior" into search, and i saw this. I asked our resident pro sig maker to make me a sig, and he graciously agreed. AceGoober, who has made many, many sigs for us (we had a thread dedicated just for custom sigs). He made it with $1800 worth of photoshop and years of experience. The original is much larger, and while Ace was working on it, he posted it's progress, as it presented a bit of a challange even to him to make a forum sig out of it and not ruin the integrity of the picture itself. And yes, the gremlin is her little "pet", I think a baby dragon.

I really love it and it has a special sentimental meaning for me that only one person from the old forum knows, as it has a story behind it. The story is not something appropriate for a respectable forum such as this, (or diy street), and shall remain a secret between two friends. ;)

Edited by jaz

Thanks! We had a discussion about this @ diy forum, and one of our members, Hemidare, knows the artist's name. If i try to say it here, i know i will butcher it...something like Louis Aroyal or something or other.

Luis Royo (WARNING: If you search him, it may not be safe for work. He seems to have an affinity for drawing scantily-clad ladies :P)

I will remember that name anywhere because I had found a desktop based on this pic on an old LiteStep forum almost a decade ago and until VERY recently had been searching for it again without luck. I happened to run across him on AllPosters and was VERY happy to put a name to the pic.

Thanks! We had a discussion about this @ diy forum, and one of our members, Hemidare, knows the artist's name. If i try to say it here, i know i will butcher it...something like Louis Aroyal or something or other. I found the pic on imageshack. I just entered "female warrior" into search, and i saw this. I asked our resident pro sig maker to make me a sig, and he graciously agreed. AceGoober, who has made many, many sigs for us (we had a thread dedicated just for custom sigs). He made it with $1800 worth of photoshop and years of experience. The original is much larger, and while Ace was working on it, he posted it's progress, as it presented a bit of a challange even to him to make a forum sig out of it and not ruin the integrity of the picture itself. And yes, the gremlin is her little "pet", I think a baby dragon.

I really love it and it has a special sentimental meaning for me that only one person from the old forum knows, as it has a story behind it. The story is not something appropriate for a respectable forum such as this, (or diy street), and shall remain a secret between two friends. ;)

Cool. Thanks for providing the bkgd info on it :)