I'm Fed Up With Creative

LivingGhost

I need a soundcard that does S/P DIF out over coaxial (toslink is acceptable, but not preferred) with ASIO (5ms buffer latency) and has full compatibility with 32 and 64 bit Vista.

I have to uninstall and reinstall my sound card drivers nearly once a month, and yet it just keeps breaking.

I'd like it to be around $60, which is what I could probably sell my x-fi platinum for.

Thanks to all.

Edited by LivingGhost

I've had an Auzentech Xplosion for a while now. Nothing but good. Never had a problem with sound drivers nor sound quality. I've used it in XP and opensuse 10.1

Oh...I had an Audigy 2 Platinum before that. Can't say I missed it terribly...

If you're just using the S/P-DIF, then why not just use the integrated sound card; the dedicated sound cards only really make a difference when using the analog speakers.

If you're just using the S/P-DIF, then why not just use the integrated sound card; the dedicated sound cards only really make a difference when using the analog speakers.

Because I don't believe the Realtek chipset offers bit-perfect ASIO output.

I'll try the daniel k drivers.

But otherwise, how's the XPlosion?

I had the opposite experience with Xplosion, nothing but problems. But the latest driver release ( http://www.auzentech.com/site/download/updates.php ) fixed all the problems. They must have hired someone smart on the software driver side. It no longer mutes the microphone when starting BF2. The mic level is still low for this expensive piece of equipment, but I can live with that.

Edited by faheyd