Any Good Games Left?

mojunikey7

Also, check out Armed Assault. I haven't played it, but many people love it. It is, however, a bit hard on one's computer. I've heard that you need a pretty hefty rig to play it.

Armed Assault is the successor of Operation Flashpoint, the one and only game which had a totally OPEN gameplay up to now! I have not played Armed Assault, but the reality in Operation Flashpoint was phenomenal! You got hit in the arms, you would shake really bad at aiming, you got hit in the legs, you'd have to rob on the ground as you can't walk anymore. Simply awesome!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armed Assault is the successor of Operation Flashpoint, the one and only game which had a totally OPEN gameplay up to now! I have not played Armed Assault, but the reality in Operation Flashpoint was phenomenal! You got hit in the arms, you would shake really bad at aiming, you got hit in the legs, you'd have to rob on the ground as you can't walk anymore. Simply awesome!

Lol, the reality of getting shot sucks, i dunno why you'd want your character to fall to the ground when getting shot in the legs or wobble all over the place when someone hit's your arms.

Lol, the reality of getting shot sucks, i dunno why you'd want your character to fall to the ground when getting shot in the legs or wobble all over the place when someone hit's your arms.

It's way more realistic like that! The maps were also extremely large, you could tackle your missions from all sorts of different ways!

I agree, that game was, and still is amazing....I remember playing it for about 2 weeks whenever I had any free time, making maps and having huge battles. Actually, I might re-install it now, even though its really showing its age :)

Update - (sort of) I was in my brothers room looking the case, when I found it the disk wasn't there. I looked around for it for about 10mins, untill I found it in his CD drive :D He re-installed it too!

oh god yes! I almost forgot about OFP! I could reinstall it as well! I also have arma. I'm going to watch some of the Vegas 2 trailors today...if it looks good, then I'll get it!

Edited by jack_of_java

• 2 weeks later...

well, I havent tried crysis because of this

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=79984

If i cant get oblivion to look even halfway decent, crysis would look horrible

AS for others, i have played CoD4, Bioshock, F.E.A.R> & all expansions.

I wouldnt mind a game with either mechas or an RTS game that isnt MMO

I have heard that dawn of war 2 will be good

BTW, anybody know how to fix that^ monstrosity?

Well I know my 8800GT, with my specs can play Crysis fine at 1280x1024 on High Detail setting. Nothing super fantastic with my fps, but it's playable (ie. +30fps average). Mind you this was just the demo, i'm pretty sure full game and with those patchs have made it easier to play on the 8800GT's. *oh and my 8800GT is at stock speeds.

I'm getting a little dismayed about the direction games are headed. Seems the industry is going towrds more online, co-op or mmog. I'm pretty much only into offline single player fps's. I loved far cry, all halflife games (haven't tried portal yet), Doom3, Fear, and some older games like unreal, the awakening, AVP2 +expansion pk...etc. Now it seems the single player campaigns are getting shorter and the developers are concentrating on the online aspect of them.

That's why I'm waiting for the prices to go down on games like COD4, Crysis and some others. Stalker is a great game, but i just couldn't get the mindset for it right now. I had far cry for a couple years before i finished it, cuz i got bit by the upgrade bug or had to replace a part during the game. Also i didn't like the lack of quick-save. Now that i finally played it again with this new rig i recently built, i really loved it and the checkpoints didn't seem so far apart. I just hope the gaming industry doesn't forget about us "loners" in the future.

Edited by jaz