Ocz Phase Change $299 + Shipping

Last I heard OCZ had abandoned the Cryo-Z project. At any rate I recommend you don't waste your money. Spend the extra $200 and get a custom unit. The max load these can handle is 120W which is no better than a decent pelt. Would it give better temps than water? of course. slightly better than pelt? probably. but if your gonna go phase I don't recommend anything that can't handle 200W+ load.

Designed to sit under a case.

I can remember OCZ working on this way back when.

It will be interesting to see how it performs and if reviewers give it a thorough workout.

i wanted one of these last time they threatened to produce them.

+1

Hmm, This sounds attractive to me (a) because of the price (my h2o kit cost $320 & the maint. issues), & to answer nerm**, In my experience pelts are a major pita. I'd love to see a review (elbows bosco) :D

** according to intel a stock qx6600 produces 95w. Thats a bit of headroom sure, but I have no idea how much extra vcore you can give the proc.

I figure I spent $500 by the time I was fed up with the h2o and pelt crap.

Last I heard OCZ had abandoned the Cryo-Z project. At any rate I recommend you don't waste your money. Spend the extra $200 and get a custom unit. The max load these can handle is 120W which is no better than a decent pelt. Would it give better temps than water? of course. slightly better than pelt? probably. but if your gonna go phase I don't recommend anything that can't handle 200W+ load.

Are those loud, and can they be run 24/7?

Are those loud, and can they be run 24/7?

They are about the same decibel level as your typical refrigerator when it is running only they are running at that level all the time rather than periodically.

:lol: @ p8! haha