Forum Wars 2008 Sign-Up

neddamttocs

Yep, everyone will be able to play so nobody misses out on the fun of taking part. :)

I'll be making up some team sig images (for those that want them) as I did for the last wars, once everything gets underway.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, everyone will be able to play so nobody misses out on the fun of taking part. :)

I'll be making up some team sig images (for those that want them) as I did for the last wars, once everything gets underway.

I know I sure do not want to be on C or D team again. I think we need to put our top rigs in A team like everyone else does...

since I'm very new to all of this - why does it matter what team you're on, as long as you're on the A thru E teams? I can understand not wanting to participate if you're on an overflow team who's scores dont matter...

For the overall title, no it doesn't make a huge difference.

Individual teams compete against the same teams on different forums ('A' Teams compete against other 'A' Teams etc.).

You can get the idea by checking out last years Results

So there is some pride at stake for each team, and stronger players tend to be on the A Teams, so if you are posting some high scores (which we will be, hopefully), then you'd like to be competing against those of similar stature. :)

For the overall title, no it doesn't make a huge difference.

Individual teams compete against the same teams on different forums ('A' Teams compete against other 'A' Teams etc.).

You can get the idea by checking out last years Results

So there is some pride at stake for each team, and stronger players tend to be on the A Teams, so if you are posting some high scores (which we will be, hopefully), then you'd like to be competing against those of similar stature. :)

It dose not matter to me what team I am on, just looking forward to the competition, but it would be nice to be on a team whose scores count.

Hi OCC

I'm looking for a team for Winter FW, and Jammin asked me to sign up here. I played in the 2006 FW with PlanetAMD64.

I've 2 rig's, but from the looks of it 2 isn't needed.

Q6600

Powercolor 3870 x2

2GB G.Skill PC8500 - but for benching I use 2x512mb PC5300 TeamX which will run 700MHz

Asus X38 p5e

2x74GB Raptors raid 0

E8400

Inno3D 8800GT

2GB OCZ PC6400

All the above is on Air. I currently have top 25 3D 03 and top 80 3D 06 scores posted on HWbot.

I know it starts tomorrow, but if you need a extra PC, let me know :)

Edited by necron66

If you post some scores in the stock phase we can probably find a place for you. :)

I doubt the other guys will mind, but I'll leave that up to them.

Edited by jammin

i am still holding out on buying my second 3870X2 until i see some results.

from some of the preliminary tests out there it looks like the most bang for the buck comes from a 3 card setup.

one 3870X2 and a 3870...

i also hate Vista... :lol:

i am still holding out on buying my second 3870X2 until i see some results.

from some of the preliminary tests out there it looks like the most bang for the buck comes from a 3 card setup.

one 3870X2 and a 3870...

i also hate Vista... :lol:

I have not bought the second card yet either, waiting to see what happens also. Maybe a 3870 thrown in with it. Off course the 2900s still do pretty good....

well I got my hd3870 now and I have found that it is the same if not better than my old 8800gts's. I will also probably be getting either the abit Ix38 gt or the DFI x38 board and a crossfire setup for the warz I'm hoping it hapens soon I just have to wait till my gts's sell off so I have the $$$ for the parts but either way I'm definately using my 3870 for the warz.