In the Woods

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually the slightly more powerful 4 cylinder, I believe 1.6 liters? Unforgivin, did you mean the Unimog in the last picture (Convertibles FTW :P) or the Vitara? :lol:

The 1.3L 3 cylinder was directed at andrew, (I believe Geo=Suzuki)

And the nice vehicle was the Unimog :)

Next time I'm out there, I'll be sure to get a video of the Unimog in action ;) Maybe the Vitara also :D

You guys wanna see more of the "rides" we've used/have? ;)

1985 Volkswagen T3 (long gone)

rimg0012largehc8.th.jpg

Mercedes MB Track (sold)

rimg0003largeqm5.th.jpg

rimg0042largebb4.th.jpg

2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5 (crashed to pieces)

rimg0029largeyu0.th.jpg

1993 Suzuki Samurai (the foresters fun ride :P)

blickwedelsommer06070lagw4.th.jpg

1985 Masey Ferguson (we never know when it will collapse to pieces... :lol:)

cimg6604largekm9.th.jpg

We're in Europe, have a guess ;)
I have no idea... :unsure:
I got to drive a 97 Geo Metro lsi 2 door coupe the other day, with a 1.3L 3 cylinder in it... would that be the same engine, cause I know the Suzuki Swift also had the same engine :lol: I don't care what you say, that 3 cylinder in that light frame = fun :P
That 1.3L is still a 4cylinder in the Samurai...
The 1.3L 3 cylinder was directed at andrew, (I believe Geo=Suzuki)
Well not really but things have been shared between the smaller Geo/Chevy/Suzuki models that its hard to tell what the hell they had going on back then...
Mercedes MB Track (sold)

rimg0003largeqm5.th.jpg

rimg0042largebb4.th.jpg

Mercedes MB looks like fun :D Edited by Andrewr05

Bah sorry, I looked it up. It's the Suzuki Inline 3 that was 1.0 liter, not 1.3. The step up was the 1.3L four banger.
Imagine that though...

A step up to a 1.3L 4cyl :D

Thats pathetic... :lol:

Europe = 80% of cars = stick ;)

Especially for offroading, I wouldn't get an automatic. And I can't tell about the MB Track, never drove it :(

You know I prefer an automatic for offroading (less staling on bumpy terrain, nice smooth powerflow over bumps etc) thats with bigger motors though, with vehicles like the Samurai you pretty much HAVE to have the stick to keep it in its power range... Edited by Andrewr05

Naa, I definitely prefer stick, mainly due to the fact that if you get stuck somewhere (as in, you need to stop), you do not have to start at your standard RPM, but you can put the gear in at 2,000 or more RPM (can be VERY useful when going uphill, especially on older cars).

• 2 weeks later...
I don't believe it (the guy who sold my friend his Samurai was a big bull.er) but allegedly the previous owner of my friends Samurai said he floated it down a street that flooded back in 2006...

I've seen a video of a Wrangler floating in a river (well, half floating anyways) and the Samurai is pretty light, but the guy sounded as if he had control of the vehicle during the procedure at all.

I was more likely that he he said

"Ooh this street is flooded, I'm gonna try and drive through it"

"DOH! water is coming in, wait... we haven't hit bottom yet... Oh cool were almost towards the end.."

I doubt at all that the guy drove into the water and drove out having complete control the entire time...

i never said he DID forge a river, i just said it had a snorkel incase he wanted too. now the 7ft was exagerated....i doubt any of those small 4 banger compact suv's could forge 7ft of flowing water.

and YES it does go a lot of places, i couldnt keep up with it in mud when i had my 2004 z71 chevy...

ill try and remember to get a pic of it next time i see him. ;)