DFI Woahs :(

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably not gonna get a new DFI board anymore... they stopped producing these a while ago, didn't they? I'd just go with the EVGA 680i board if I were you.

I thought you said quads and 680i were a bad combination?

I thought you said quads and 680i were a bad combination?

... brain fart is what you call that afaik :lol:

You are correct though, I just forgot about that. Maybe you need to pick up a non-SLI board then, like a Lanparty P35-T2RL :)

... brain fart is what you call that afaik :lol:

You are correct though, I just forgot about that. Maybe you need to pick up a non-SLI board then, like a Lanparty P35-T2RL :)

That is what he has that is dead and does not want anymore of isn't it? :rolleyes: I think King needs to quit drinikng so early in the morning....

Hmm, I have two quads running on single rail PC Power & Cooling PSUs. I also have two quads running on Antecs, a 500 watt thats a few years old and one on an old Antec 550w with 24 x 20 pin adapter, 4 pin to 8 pin cpu adapter, and molex to sata hard drive adapters, and molex to pcie and I bought it in 2003...

and like we had a discussion about before. sure a car will do 120mph. drive it from texas to new york at full load. then what have you got?

you're doing the same exact thing to your computer pushing PSU's like that.

so go ahead and call it "working". I call it "working on breaking".

also excuse me for reading directions / white papers on products. I have too many years of cleaning up messes by those who "have experience" just plugging things in like an aimless chimp.

That is what he has that is dead and does not want anymore of isn't it? :rolleyes: I think King needs to quit drinikng so early in the morning....

If he can get another for free it's still the best recommendation.

and like we had a discussion about before. sure a car will do 120mph. drive it from texas to new york at full load. then what have you got?

you're doing the same exact thing to your computer pushing PSU's like that.

so go ahead and call it "working". I call it "working on breaking".

also excuse me for reading directions / white papers on products. I have too many years of cleaning up messes by those who "have experience" just plugging things in like an aimless chimp.

Ok post a link to the white paper that shows more than one rail is required for quads chimp....

ARE MULTIPLE 12-VOLT RAILS BETTER THAN A SINGLE 12-VOLT RAIL?

With all the hype about multiple 12-volt rails (ads claim that two rails is better than one, five is better than four, etc.), you'd think it was a better design. Unfortunately, it's not!

Here are the facts: A large, single 12-volt rail (without a 240VA limit) can transfer 100% of the 12-volt output from the PSU to the computer, while a multi-rail 12-volt design has distribution losses of up to 30% of the power supply's rating. Those losses occur because power literally gets “trapped" on under-utilized rails. For example, if the 12-volt rail that powers the CPU is rated for 17 amps and the CPU only uses 7A, the remaining 10A is unusable, since it is isolated from the rest of the system.

Since the maximum current from any one 12-volt rail of a multiple-rail PSU is limited to 20 amps (240VA / 12 volts = 20 amps), PCs with high-performance components that draw over 20 amps from the same rail are subject to over-current shutdowns. With power requirements for multiple processors and graphics cards continuing to grow, the multiple-rail design, with its 240VA limit per rail, is basically obsolete.

Source

MY GOD, big W-T-F on this one... I think it's hardnrg's and firky's fault, I was talking to them about their DFI 680i's too much, and those were the ones dying all the time... Sorry guys, first day back at school for me :(:lol:

If he can get another for free it's still the best recommendation.

Yea, the P35 T2R/T2RL are not dying as much as the 680i's are/were... DFI also has a new X38 board coming out, however that's a CrossFire board, so it'll take away your ability to go SLI (useless anyways IMO).

Would it be wiser to opt for another P35 board this time around? or should i get a 680i board, yes a quad core is going in this, and i honestly doubt i'll ever be doing SLI, just 1 8800GT

I plan on OCing though :)

just to let you guys know i contacted motherboardpro.com regarding this, and they're taking care of it for me. completely - no questions asked.

They're even paying for shipping both ways..I would defiantly do business with them again.

Edited by p8baller07

Would it be wiser to opt for another P35 board this time around? or should i get a 680i board, yes a quad core is going in this, and i honestly doubt i'll ever be doing SLI, just 1 8800GT

I plan on OCing though :)

Get the GA P35 DS4 and be done with it....