G.I. Jane has returned

CelticaFLM

Sure it might feel good to shoot someone but is it worth it to go to prison for it?
:closedeyes: See below:
The best thing to do would be to lock your doors and call the police. Not run out side with some kind of a gun a stick at them and tell them to get away or shoot atd a gun and came into your home?
The police are not miracle workers you know, at that exact time they could all be dispatched elsewhere or maybe they don't take you seriously and mosey on over ya know? They are not gonna drive 90MPH to risk their life for every burglary/break-in etc.

Locking the doors is futile, a swift kick and most doors bust open.

When the need arises that you need a gun you're not talking about a person that stands outside your house and yells, you are talking about a person that enters your home without your consent with the intent to take your property or a life...

Will you wait for the cops to come play hero or will you defend your family/possessions and put the god damn scumbag down?

And to answer your first question, YES if saving your family members lives by killing a useless human results in the law sending you to jail then so be it...

Chances are that wouldn't happen though if you can prove yourself.

"no I don't WANT to shoot anybody...what kind of question is that"
What she meant was that she hopes that the need does not arise to HAVE to shoot somebody... Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid:

Anyway, Celt, if you're still set on a shotgun, look for something like I mentioned earlier. The shortest legal barrel length you can have is 18 inches. For your purposes, I would get something with either an 18.5" or 20" barrel. My personnl defensive shotgun is a 12 gauge Remington 870 with an 18.5" barrel, pistol grip, extended magazine, and collapsable stock. Since 12 gauge is probably a little painful for you, test out a 20 gauge.

Basically just look for a 20 gauge with the shortest legal barrel you can find and you'll have a good home defense shotgun. You can always add things like collapsing stocks to improve maneuverability to the gun later when you've got extra cash.

Wow man, again, reading comprehension FTW. Where in the article does it say he was arrested? In fact, you quoted a piece of the article that says he was not taken into custody.

And how did he "get in trouble"? He wasn't punished for anything, just investigated. The same thing happens every time a police officer shoots a criminal.

My mistake.

It seems I've gone to far over my head arguing this topic.

Will you wait for the cops to come play hero or will you defend your family/possessions and put the god damn scumbag down?

What she meant was that she hopes that the need does not arise to HAVE to shoot somebody...

If it ever cam down to someone breaking into my home while I was home I'd run to the other side of my house and jump out a window (if it was one low the ground) and run away and call the police rather then confront the robbers.

If it ever cam down to someone breaking into my home while I was home I'd run to the other side of my house and jump out a window (if it was one low the ground) and run away and call the police rather then confront the robbers.
What if there were more people in your home that you cared about?

If it ever cam down to someone breaking into my home while I was home I'd run to the other side of my house and jump out a window (if it was near the ground) and run away and call the police rather then confront the robbers.
That is exactly what the first part of Celt's plan is. Avoid confrontation. She wants a gun in case confrontation is unavoidable... Did you actually read any of this thread before jumping in and saying "don't get a gun!!! Omgozorssrabbitfeet!!!"?

Is there no time that you would ever consider defending yourself?

Edited by 94Camaro

3 words Shoot to kill! That leaves only 1 side to the story. If you shoot to wound, the "victim" will sue you for the wounding,pain and anguish lost work whatever. Putting you through the ringer and forcing you the "victim" to pay for their stupidity.

Oh jeez.....I'm just not going to respond to all the.....arguing that happened while I was gone lol.

Anyway guys...thanks for your input. Those of you that actually paid attention to what I said. I will say one thing.....locking the door and running is just not the best plan....so any of you (fire) that have that plan...you may want to make sure you have one heck of a door....because I thought our doors were secure and the thieves kicked it down like it was nothing. If I was home alone.....even with the system armed...there's nothing keeping them from getting inside....it takes time for officers to get there....plenty of time for a theif. If I have a baby in the house...and someone does happen to get the drop on me....you better darn well believe that i'm going to fight for everything in me. You can't grab a baby and jump out the window very easily. Otherwise...sure i'd jump out the window and run...I don't care about material things. My dog on the other hand...it would be reallly hard to run off without him...which is why I have him with me at all times when i'm home alone....I drag the poor thing to the bathroom with me lol.

Anyway, thanks guys. I'll probably go out with Bry or my dad to look at a few things. Again....i'm not going to shoot to kill someone unless my life or the life of loved ones are in danger........if the neighbor is in danger i'm not going to go running over yelling a xena war cry etc. I'm not an idiot lol.

Have you considered a dog celt? I am not against guns, in fact i own some myself, but a dog is gonna scare someone off before you even know they are there most of the time. I know this because my apt was broke into while i was home, and i didnt even know it. I heard my dogs barking i came out, and my sliding glass door was open. It took me a few minutes to realize what had happened. Luckily for them i had a dog, because my weapon of choice is a kbar, that i keep close at all times, and i can use it well, and i feel safer having it as a first option, if the gun is locked up. Any ways, just a thought, there are a lot of great dogs that are great with children, my choice would be a bull mastiff. My friend had two when we were kids, and we used to ride them around like horses lol. Those are some of my best memories from my childhood :)

10323.jpg

Here is a list of the best guard dogs

http://www.breederretriever.com/sort/4/bes...dogs-breeds.php

I would still get a gun however just in case, but chances are, when they hear a large dog bark, they are gonna run.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/tactical/

I have one of these and they are great guns, just enough size and power to make you feel safe.

ok, I'll just make a few comments. I am all for someone buying a gun for self defense, but if someone buys a gun in hopes of actually using it on someone shouldn't buy one, period. Like Celtic said, she is buying it just in case though she hopes she doesn't have to, that to me is the perfect attitude ;) And to be honest house alarms are useless other than scaring away someone just looking for an easy theft. If someone wants to get in your house then no alarm is going to stop them regardless if its set for home or away or whatever. Shotguns are the best for home defense IMO followed by a .45. 9mm IMO are not a good choice especially if there are more people in the house since those bullets will fly through plaster pretty easily. :)

Have you considered a dog celt? I am not against guns, in fact i own some myself, but a dog is gonna scare someone off before you even know they are there most of the time. I know this because my apt was broke into while i was home, and i didnt even know it. I heard my dogs barking i came out, and my sliding glass door was open. It took me a few minutes to realize what had happened. Luckily for them i had a dog, because my weapon of choice is a kbar, that i keep close at all times, and i can use it well, and i feel safer having it as a first option, if the gun is locked up. Any ways, just a thought, there are a lot of great dogs that are great with children, my choice would be a bull mastiff. My friend had two when we were kids, and we used to ride them around like horses lol. Those are some of my best memories from my childhood :)

10323.jpg

Here is a list of the best guard dogs

http://www.breederretriever.com/sort/4/bes...dogs-breeds.php

I would still get a gun however just in case, but chances are, when they hear a large dog bark, they are gonna run.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/tactical/

I have one of these and they are great guns, just enough size and power to make you feel safe.

Well I did think of that actually....but then I thought about someone poisoning them.....and I really couldn't deal with that. I would murder someone. My pets are like children to me. Also, I have to think of my little Oskar....he would just die of a heart attack if I brought a big dog home. I am still thinking of it though...it may happen. I wouldn't mind having a Great Pyraneese (sp?) in the house. They are big teddy bears but man are they huge.

Thanks J2T you understood perfectly. It's sad to have to live like this but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.