Backlit Keyboards

privateapples

well i purchased the new logitech G15. wow not one rep for the G15? i haven't installed the new one yet, but after no1 repped it, i dont know if i want to keep it :|

but i had a Saitek gaming keyboard (the one with the 9 button pad) as a keyboard it kicks .! great keyboard i had for the past 2-3 years. keys are perfect, no fading, but the blacklite, well the letters dont have the cut they dont stand out. the backlight on it is pretty pointless, but the keyboard has been GREAT.

i haven't seen the Eclipse II, but i've been happy with my keyboard (except for the light issue)

Edited by lost

I just ordered a Saitek Eclipse 2 for $19.99. NCIX.com had a one day sale last week and I still had one in my cart as of last night. I pushed the button and ordered it along with a Galaxy 8800GT.

I've been using my Saitek Executive for a few years, which at my rate of typing according to WhatPulse, is about 25-30 million keystrokes. Absolutely no paint fading, keys are just as great as always (in fact, the lesser used ones don't feel quite as good as my most commonly used keys, as a result of too much ice cream and soda).

• 2 weeks later...

running 3 Saitek Eclipse KBs here, 2 blue and a red, the blue ones are more bright (also newer 1 day old =) red one is about a year old and will be getting green LEDs :thumbs-up: i love to solder woohoo

• 3 weeks later...

The Creative Fatal1ty Keyboard is perfect to me. The keys are very fast and take little pressure to push them. It has a solid feel and the backlight is just right even in the dark. I got it for $35 which was a great deal to me.