Zalman 9500 Help

old_oc'er

Alright I bought a Zalman 9500 to cool my amd 6000+ x2 but I am getting like 39c or 40c idle and it goes up to 55 and still climbs on load....like just uncompressing a file....I built this for games.....but sadly I am scared to play games on it....any insights?

Alright I bought a Zalman 9500 to cool my amd 6000+ x2 but I am getting like 39c or 40c idle and it goes up to 55 and still climbs on load....like just uncompressing a file....I built this for games.....but sadly I am scared to play games on it....any insights?

watercooling.

yea.....I looks like it is seated correctly...I have taken it off numerous times and the thermal paste looks well spread on the chip...the zalman cooler is also cool to the touch like it is not transfering heat

yea.....I looks like it is seated correctly...I have taken it off numerous times and the thermal paste looks well spread on the chip...the zalman cooler is also cool to the touch like it is not transfering heat

Hmm, what are checking the temps with? I am not sure about the AMD CPU's, but I use coretemp beta for my Intels....

my bios and I am downloading everest

hey,

I've got the same Zalman 9500 on my skt. 939 X2 4400+, and my temps hit low 50's under load and idle at an average of 30. what thermal compound are you using? did you give it time to "set up"? if you're constantly applying and removing the Zalman/thermal compound, it's never going to have time to set. did you spend a week or so alternating your PC from "super load" to totally off - thus varying the temps and quickening the thermal compound setup? I load my CPU during the day, and turn it off at night - you have to let each "stage" run for a few hours at a time to really be effective. are you applying too much compound?

my temps are taken from Everest, and I should mention that I have OC'd my chip from 2.2ghz to 2.75 - have you OC'd your 6000+?

No oc on my 6000+...yes let it set....using the zalman stuff that it comes with and it is 66f in my room

hmm...I've always used Arctic Silver 5 - maybe it's really as good at it's purported to be. :)

That Zalman cooler already has the solid thermal pad on the bottom, when it gets heated it melts and serves as thermal paste. I think you should take the thermal pad off and then apply some paste on the processor. If that is the Zalman cooler that has the thermal pad. Or you can have the messed up base of the cooler, I have seen reviews that people get the messed up bases of the cooler that its like curved and not totally flat!

Edited by MisFiT_