Posting from my new PC :)

ClayMeow

Well I finally built my new PC today.

And it happens to be my first foray into:

1. Vista (I've used it before, but not for my personal use)

2. 64-bit OS

3. Quad-core

4. DX-10

But man, getting to this point has been rough. Since I was reusing my old case, I had to take everything out, then I spent a ton of time cleaning the case and the components I was reusing, and then by the time I put all the new parts in and installed Vista (eventually....since it was stubborn with my raid array), installed updates, installed (most) drivers....well 12 hours later (with only one major break for dinner) I'm finally on OCC. God, next time I'll just spend the extra $150 for a new case and not be bothered with removing stuff and cleaning. :closedeyes:

Temps are good so far...27C idle (which i was worried about because installing that Thermalright 120 Extreme was freaking difficult as hell)...haven't tested load or anything yet though. I need to go to sleep before my head hits the keyboard and screws something up :lol:...building a PC has never been this tiring in the past :sleep:

Anywho, I'll post more tomorrow...I really need to go to sleep now. Just wanted to say HELLO!

Temps are good so far...27C idle (which i was worried about because installing that Thermalright 120 Extreme was freaking difficult as hell)...haven't tested load or anything yet though.

What was so difficult about installing the Ultra 120? I found it no harder than any other cooler with a back plate.

What was so difficult about installing the Ultra 120? I found it no harder than any other cooler with a back plate.
Especially since he had the motherboard out already and could have done it before completely screwing it in :lol::P

Nice job though, hopefully everything runs alright.

Edited by Andrewr05

Here are my specs:

Q6600 (right now at stock, but I'll OC soon)

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w/ 120mm Enermax UC12EB Enlobal fan (44CFM @ a mere 17dBa)

Abit IP35 Pro

4x1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800

eVGA 8800GTX KO ACS3 Edition

Mushkin 650W PSU

Samsung 20x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

WD 500GB (WD5000AAKS)

All this went into my Antec P160W case, and I used my dual 36GB Raptors in Raid-0 for Vista Home Premium 64-bit, and two IDE drives (200GB + 160GB).

My vista experience index is 5.9 (the max) for everything except my memory, which is a 5.6. I don't get how 4GB is only a 5.6, but maybe when I OC it I'll get the 5.9. shrug.

Now to go run some benches...and play the Crysis SP demo.

PS. Oh, and the Ultra 120 just kept sliding on the AS5 when I was trying to get it in place. My case has a mobo tray, so it wasn't an issue of not being able to work (I had all the room in the world)...I just couldn't get it locked down as quickly as I would have liked. But I guess as long as it didn't negatively affect my temps, it's all good.