what ATi card is this?

ir_cow

well i got my new computer , first post WOOT

anyways while i wait for the video card to come i found this PCI Ati card laying around

and can anyone tell me what card it is?

i thought it was a x1300 intill Ati wont let me install the drivers. i dont get whyvideo_card.JPG

you "thought" it was an x1300?????? how do you confuse some old card for an x1300 (btw it's only out in PCI-E format)?

and I also hate to say it this way.... but GOOGLE is a good place to drop in the core number of "rv200". a quick (sub 10 second) check tells me it's a radeon 7500.

you "thought" it was an x1300?????? how do you confuse some old card for an x1300 (btw it's only out in PCI-E format)?

and I also hate to say it this way.... but GOOGLE is a good place to drop in the core number of "rv200". a quick (sub 10 second) check tells me it's a radeon 7500.

It could either be the 7500 or the RV200 AIW VE but it really doesn't matter...do what you must and put that poor card out of its misery, hornybluecow...

I am guessing this a new computer for you not a new computer in General correct?

what do you mean? its both a new computer for me and a new computer in general . i'm just using a PCI card while i wait for my PCi-e card

what do you mean? its both a new computer for me and a new computer in general . i'm just using a PCI card while i wait for my PCi-e card

Sorry I misread what you wrote I was thinking that card came with your new PC and I was like what the heck....... my bad :rolleyes:

It could either be the 7500 or the RV200 AIW VE but it really doesn't matter...do what you must and put that poor card out of its misery, hornybluecow...

RV200 was a 7500... VE or regular it was still a 7500. the VE was an underclocked version for the PCI bus

RV200 was a 7500... VE or regular it was still a 7500. the VE was an underclocked version for the PCI bus

It also supported less memory but hey, it doesn't really matter. Bottom line, the card fails(for certain applications such as gaming).