Crow47

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys!

About the demo, i've played it and frankly it dosn't impressed me.

First cause of my inability to play decently with a X2 processor 3 gigs of ddr and a X1600 pro 512 Mb

I dont think i have a stinky system just that it's AGP The two sliders were at 2 for eye candy,

I had the same res i usually have 1200X800 and i could barely turn around quickly.

The feel of the game wasn't there i felt sluggish unlike 2K4, even maxed out. I didn't buy a computer to play a game at 400X800 and no graphics !!

It's also missing colors, it's like you suddenly turned colorblind or almost. You dont see it at first but once you start exploring there's no real colors.

It would probably cost me around $800 for a PCIE mobo and a decent 8800 to be able to play normally, might as well buy a PS3 :rolleyes:

Love the weaponry tough they should do them for Ut2K4 which i think looks better

The sound of the guys dieing remind's me a lot of quake.

In a few words ... Sorry EPIC no game for me, and i was so waiting for it *sigh* <_<

Well this guy seems to have something in mind about ut3:

"Other Thoughts: i bought it for UT3 because considering how many games r UT licensed games and UT3 utilizes ageia to the fullest then UT3 licensed games will be ageia games also the Physx 100 in the PS3 Xbox PC and Mobile PC wont change because they r the same in all of them so u buy now or u buy later it wont make a difference except the price also i read that the PCI Express Version will have zero performance effect so if u have the money no need to wait plus 150 sounds just right not 300"

Quote from here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143055

I'll wait for the official verdict but wow those aren't that expensive if it's worth it I may just have to pick one up.

Hi guys!

About the demo, i've played it and frankly it dosn't impressed me.

First cause of my inability to play decently with a X2 processor 3 gigs of ddr and a X1600 pro 512 Mb

I dont think i have a stinky system just that it's AGP The two sliders were at 2 for eye candy,

I had the same res i usually have 1200X800 and i could barely turn around quickly.

The feel of the game wasn't there i felt sluggish unlike 2K4, even maxed out. I didn't buy a computer to play a game at 400X800 and no graphics !!

It's also missing colors, it's like you suddenly turned colorblind or almost. You dont see it at first but once you start exploring there's no real colors.

It would probably cost me around $800 for a PCIE mobo and a decent 8800 to be able to play normally, might as well buy a PS3 :rolleyes:

Love the weaponry tough they should do them for Ut2K4 which i think looks better

The sound of the guys dieing remind's me a lot of quake.

In a few words ... Sorry EPIC no game for me, and i was so waiting for it *sigh* <_<

Your x1600 is the problem; it's a POS. Don't blame the game for being crappy just because you bought a bad video card that can't run it smoothly.

Well this guy seems to have something in mind about ut3:

"Other Thoughts: i bought it for UT3 because considering how many games r UT licensed games and UT3 utilizes ageia to the fullest then UT3 licensed games will be ageia games also the Physx 100 in the PS3 Xbox PC and Mobile PC wont change because they r the same in all of them so u buy now or u buy later it wont make a difference except the price also i read that the PCI Express Version will have zero performance effect so if u have the money no need to wait plus 150 sounds just right not 300"

Quote from here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814143055

I'll wait for the official verdict but wow those aren't that expensive if it's worth it I may just have to pick one up.

Frankly his "review" sounds like uninformed BS...he can barely form a sentence; why would you listen to his opinion on something that'll cost you $150?

the COD4 demo is up as well.

i seem to be getting the UT3 Demo and the beta demo.

a perk of being a subscriber i suppose.

the download manager allows the reservation of betas.

they will automatically alert you when they become available.

Your x1600 is the problem; it's a POS. Don't blame the game for being crappy just because you bought a bad video card that can't run it smoothly.

Wow man, that's harsh. All things aside, my dad's laptop has an x1600 and a 2.16ghz core duo and it plays the beta extremely well at that res. The x1600 isn't a horrible card, it's just not fantastic anymore. I don't know what exactly is wrong, but it shouldn't be your hardware so much. And Thewacokid, while his grammar may be poor I think he does have a point with more games coming out that support ageia and that it may be worth it soon. Don't bash him just for that. If the ut3 engine in general supports physx, then there are indeed many more physx supported games coming onto the market, which could make the card seem more worthwhile some time along the line. "Don't judge a book by its cover" I believe the old adage is.

I'm not saying that he is definitely right, I'm merely defending him so that he can be evaluated on an objective, non-biased standpoint.

Edited by Crow47

Herm! i didn't blame the game that was my "opinion" and this was in my answer

It would probably cost me around $800 for a PCIE mobo and a decent 8800 to be able to play normally, might as well buy a PS3

I know damn well the game would look a hundred times better with two 8800 sli *DUH!!*

Btw i bought this card ages ago when it was $350.00 i wouldNt have bought that card just for UT3

Edited by kobalt