Purchasing from newegg.com

greebo414

i thought you had to sign for things over so many dollars.

Not always. A sig from you or family member is adequate, or in the case of that unavailable, a neighbour can be allowed. Phone through in advance etc. Never been a problem for us and I've signed for many a package for neighbours for stuff in excess of

I've ordered lots of things from newegg over the past couple years never had a problems with them or having stuff left at my door.

I found that if you order with fedex from newegg they won't leave the package at the door when no ones home and you eather have to go pick it up or sign the little door tag saying you want it delivered to your house when your not there or be at home to accept the delivery to get the package. If you use ups from newegg they usually just leave your stuff at the door with a plastic bag around it to protect it from the weather.

I found that if you order with fedex from newegg they won't leave the package at the door when no ones home and you eather have to go pick it up or sign the little door tag saying you want it delivered to your house when your not there or be at home to accept the delivery to get the package. If you use ups from newegg they usually just leave your stuff at the door with a plastic bag around it to protect it from the weather.

It's actually up to the shipper, the delivery company, and the delivery person. You can file a release with UPS or FedEx so that they always leave the package at your house whether you're there or not. However, the shipper can require a signature regardless of whether you have a release on file. For example, I know my address has a release on file with both FedEx and UPS, but I still had to sign for my iPod from Apple. But the decision ultimately rest with the delivery guy. They're supposed to decide whether it's a good idea to leave a package based on the neighborhood. I've never lived anywhere shady, so I always find my packages waiting for me. I remember coming home to half-a-dozen boxes, including a giant Tt Armor box complete with the flashy graphics. That stuff was worth well over $1000.