Purchasing from newegg.com

greebo414

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting 2 canon XH A1 cameras.

newegg and amazon are offering the lowest price.

I've confirmed with the manufacturer that if I order a US model I'll get the standard 1 year warranty.

I'm still a bit shaky about ordering online - partly because I'm afraid someone will gank my product from my doorstep.

I realize that there's nothing I can do about that one, but do you all feel safe with newegg?

Newegg is the best, Their customer service is second to none. I have been ordering from Newegg for 3 years. When Newegg and Fedex were together, it was a marriage made in heaven..Amazon is ok, but no where near as fast as Newegg..Never ever had a problem with Newegg.

Edited by ronbo191

Newegg used to always have the best prices and free 3 day shipping on almost everything. They are still one of the most competitive online retailers as far as price, but they charge for shipping a lot more now. Out of all of the online shops I trust them the most, and always check them first for everything.

I've ordered from newegg for several years, both for personal use and for my company. Out of all the online retailers, they're the best, hands down. Also, not sure where you're located, but they get their products out the door really quickly, so if you're near a warehouse, you can get your items the next day with the standard ground shipping (I live on Long Island, and anything coming from their NJ warehouse, I get next day if I order before 2PM). Newegg is always the first site I check for anything computer-related.

As far as worrying about getting your items ganked from your doorstep, I've worried about that too, but have never had a problem. My last order, I was actually very pleased the guy put the product down the steps behind a bush and just left me a note to look there...but I've had several packages just left out in the open, but luckily none stolen . If you're really concerned, you can call up UPS and tell them you're expecting a package and that if you're not home, you'd either like it left with a neighbor...or you'd like it left in your backyard...or you'd like to go to a UPS Store to pick it up personally, etc. They shouldn't have a problem accomodating you.