Mic problems, PLEASE HELP!

gutserberserk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My CD is a little weird.. Can't find anything on it that looks familiar and I can't find an uninstall button. But I did update the latest AC97 driver thing..

Well, if you can post your computer specs that might help. Did updating change anything?

You should be able to uninstall the sound drivers through the "Add and Remove Programs" dialog in the Control Panel. Then just reinstall the drivers from your motherboard CD.

:lol: Man this sounds familiar..

Take a minute and look through all of your programs. Look for any kind of 3rd party sound editor- music maker etc. program.

What happened in my case was the 3dr party program which I didn't use anymore took over.

It may be a program that you forgot about even having.

I just downloaded the program that messed mine up and re-created the problem.

I had the setting for music editor to record=mic, then I started my fraps program with sound recording set to stereo mix,

Then i took a few seconds of fraps in game. Then I closed out of game and fraps and opened the music editor and here

is what happened-Apparently when i opened fraps it changed the rec. setting on the music editor to stereo mix.(remember i had it set to mic.)

Are you the only profile on your computer or does someone else use the computer?