Mic problems, PLEASE HELP!

gutserberserk

I just reformatted my computer.. I think i'm just gonna buy a new soundcard, can anyone give me a good sound card to buy?

my computer specs are

AMD 64 3000+ 2.01 ghz, 1.5g of RAM, Radeon X1600, K8N deluxe mother board, AC97 onboard soundcard?

AGP SLOT..

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you went as far as reinstalling Windows and it still doesn't work, I would say you have a hardware problem. If you're looking at new sound cards, I would suggest the X-Fi XtremeMusic or XtremeGamer.

holy .! i reformatted... bought a new sound card, installed those drivers... and my mic still doesnt work!!!! i've tried my brother's mic aswell, and it doesnt workkk!!! arrghh

And that ^^^ makes me think it's software. If both mics work in other computers and you bought a new sound card and it still doesn't work on your PC, then you must have set something up incorrectly... Or you're just really unlucky and got a dead sound card.

i dont understand this crap.. i installed these drivers that came with the sound card, i went to the website and downloaded that...

ontop of that i hear this annoying clicking sound every 5 seconds in my head phones..

What are you doing when you hear the clicking? Or does it click no matter what you do?