Mic problems, PLEASE HELP!

gutserberserk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your using Fraps and you record video and you have Fraps to record audio as well, it broadcasts any and all sound heard. So if your on vent everyone will hear them selfs echo when you have fraps recording. All you gotta do is uncheck the "record sound" option. Unfortunately yes you wont have your game sound recorded with the movie but if your editing the movie I'd assume your throwing music over it anyway. As for Mic issues. Just check your sound settings 100% its just your settings.

S

EDIT: It's your Ventrilo settings bro, go adjust them not your computer input / output settings. If there hearing your music but not you your vent is set to "Stereo Mixer" you need to make it microphone.

Edited by pogs16a2

I don't really use fraps anymore, but after I used it, it would sometimes mute my mic and somehow I would fix it, but looks like it's muted from something else this time. I've checked my settings, they are fine.

edit: I've checked my vent settings, it's set to Microphone.

Edited by gutserberserk

EDIT: The reason the microphone is muted on the volume control is because I will be able to hear myself (that is if I ever get this thing to work)

Have you tried unmuting line in or mic to see if it works? Because I'm pretty sure that's what's causing your problems. Just play with the sound recorder that comes with Windows.