Mic problems, PLEASE HELP!

gutserberserk

Hey, recently my mic hasn't been working.. It stopped working after I used FRAPS(but im not 100% sure thats the reason). I've tried to change the settings in the ways FRAPS records the sound, still doesnt unmute the mic. My vent settings are fine, my counter-strike settings are fine. When I do turn my mic on vent or something, people can hear my music, etc. but not my voice. I have also tried my mic on my brothers compter, it works, and I also tried my brothers mic on my computer and his mic does not work aswell.

I have also downloaded the current sound card drivers.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably your device settings. Go to Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices and make sure that everything looks good (sepcifically the Audio and Voice tabs). Double check to make sure your mic isn't muted under the volume settings as well.

EDIT: Or that... :rolleyes: Bah! :P

Edited by Bleeble

that thread you referred me to, I've read it and I've checked all of my "Volume Control" settings. Also, the third party part of the thread, I have checked it all, ventrilo, counter-strike, and fraps. I've done the tests under Control Panel >> Sound and Audio Devices >> audio/voice tabs (nothing is muted, everything looks fine..) But the mic is still muted! =(

As I said before, I tried my brothers mic on this comp and it doesnt work. My brother is using that mic right now on his comp and it works pefectly, so something must be messed up and muted.

Bleeble, I checked out what you suggested and it all looks fine. =(

Anyone else have any other ideas :( this is real frustrating

all you need to do is change your recording source to microphone, this is either done in the Windows mixer, the AC97 mixer, or the Creative mixer (depends what audio hardware you have)